This is a great time of year to do yard work

Closed Thread
Old 03-05-2015, 05:17 PM
Sage
Default This is a great time of year to do yard work

I haven't done any work in my yard for the past few months but now I'm catching up on certain chores like weeds and a few things that need to be cut back after freezing.

It certainly helps keep me in good shape as I've been using muscles that haven't been used for a while (even though I work out with weights).
Old 03-05-2015, 05:25 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Agree before the really hot weather sets in
Old 03-05-2015, 05:55 PM
Sage

I wish I could find a grass that grows in the winter and is dormant is the summer. I wouldn't mind cutting the grass once a week in the winter but hate doing it in the summer heat and humidity. I gave up on lawn crews years ago.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
I wish I could find a grass that grows in the winter and is dormant is the summer. I wouldn't mind cutting the grass once a week in the winter but hate doing it in the summer heat and humidity. I gave up on lawn crews years ago.
Just a thought. Broccoli grows in temperatures from 20-70 F. That would work from late Fall to mid-Spring. (This is what they did in the early days of Suffolk Downs in Boston.) Then you can harvest the crop and sell it on Saturdays at Brownwood. ::
Old 03-05-2015, 08:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
I haven't done any work in my yard for the past few months but now I'm catching up on certain chores like weeds and a few things that need to be cut back after freezing.

It certainly helps keep me in good shape as I've been using muscles that haven't been used for a while (even though I work out with weights).
Feel free to develop your muscles some more on my yard if you want.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:01 AM
Gold member

Just finished trimming my crepe myrtles, last week!!!! Don't think there will be anymore frost. Time to think about planting some tomato plants, before the hot season.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
Feel free to develop your muscles some more on my yard if you want.
That's such a generous offer, I don't quite know what to say.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
In Sunday's Daily Sun there was an advertisement for grass plugs by mail order from Maryland. It said drought resistant and seldom needs cutting. But is it suitable for Florida? I don't know.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
In Sunday's Daily Sun there was an advertisement for grass plugs by mail order from Maryland. It said drought resistant and seldom needs cutting. But is it suitable for Florida? I don't know.
I've seen those ads for years, while living in different states, and don't believe them

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.