Help! Selecting a lawn care company

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Default Help! Selecting a lawn care company

Hello forum members!

We recently bought a home in the Villages. For now we will live up north and visit our southern home as often as we can, with plans to move south full time near the end of the year. We need some help selecting a lawn care company.

The previous homeowners used PSL (Palm Springs Landscaping) owned by Fred Baita.

Our neighbor told use she previously used PSL but changed to TRS Lawn Care, owned by Tammy and Clinton Smith.

I talked with Fred, and with Tammy and Clinton; all seemed knowledgeable and appeared as though they would do a good job.

Does anyone have any experience with either company?

BTW, we contracted Massey to continue the GreenUp and pest control services they were doing for the previous owners.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:09 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default I just switched to Massey

I just started with Massey and have been very pleased so far. We had fire ants which he treated and when I found ants swarming two days later they came right back and treated again. I know it was just because theystirred up the colonies, but I did not want them there anyway. Don't know much more about them except theu do the neighbors who just became frogs. Before that, they did a very good job for them also.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 01-05-2011, 05:29 PM

Franklin Gainey's Lawn Service (352-793-7274) started doing mine since closing, thanks to Mary Edwards' suggestion and I was 100% satisfied and plan to continue with them for 2011. Very good work and fair price.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.