Irma vs Shrub

Closed Thread
Old 10-28-2017, 06:09 PM
Default Irma vs Shrub

So I returned from up North to find that Irma partially uprooted a big shrub in my yard. It's too big for me to get it out myself. Any recommendations for someone who can remove it for me?
--
Bob C
Old 10-28-2017, 07:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

Wave down the first trimming crew that goes thru your neighborhood.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:57 PM
Gold member
Default Huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexxfan View Post
So I returned from up North to find that Irma partially uprooted a big shrub in my yard. It's too big for me to get it out myself. Any recommendations for someone who can remove it for me?
--
Bob C
Too big for YOU to take out?

From your picture they ought to card you to see if you are old enough to be here.

The secret is to break the job into little pieces. From your post you do not hope to replant it. So get a pair of hand pruning sheers, a pair of lopping sheers and a bow saw. Will cost you about $8, $25. $20. Done right, you cut the small branches with the hand pruners using the bush to hold them. YOU DO NOT WANT TO FORCE THE TOOLS so pruner will cut up to about 1/2 an inch depending on the type of bush-wood type. Bigger branches up to about an inch-depending again on wood type and quality of the tool you bought. For the real big stuff you will use the bow saw. They are available about five foot long. You can take down a good sized tree-WITHOUT A CHAIN SAW.

Today is a good COOL day to do this it is 4:00 you could have this done by dinner.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

I will add to the above, you can borrow a reciprocating saw and cut through the roots in no time.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:04 PM
Sage

Just guessing but the OP may not have experience with manual labor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-01-2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suesiegel View Post
Too big for YOU to take out?

From your picture they ought to card you to see if you are old enough to be here.

The secret is to break the job into little pieces.
LOL, well, the pic is 4 years old, but I'll admit to looking younger than I really am. My Dad had all his hair (and still mostly dark brown rather than gray) well into his 80's. I'm (only) in my 60's. So, a bit on the young side with respect to the average TV age, but definitely allowed to be here ;-)

As to the job, yes, I could probably handle it using that method (but I'm not sure I want to invest in all those tools, I'm trying to get rid of stuff these days, not acquire a lot of new stuff). The trouble is, it is only partially uprooted (but too much to somehow just get it back into the ground). It's the getting it completely out of the ground (and hauled away) that I don't want to deal with.

Anyway, I called Choice Maintenance and they're going to come over and have a look at it sometime today.
--
Bob C

Last edited by rexxfan; 11-01-2017 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Just guessing but the OP may not have experience with manual labor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, pretty much correct. I've spent most of my life behind a computer keyboard.
--
Bob C
Old 11-01-2017, 04:26 PM
fw102807

If you are not happy with Choice we use Reese Cason listed on this site, and have always been pleased.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
If you are not happy with Choice we use Reese Cason listed on this site, and have always been pleased.
I'll make a note of it, thanks so much.
--
Bob C
Old 11-14-2017, 08:40 AM

Just a quick follow-up. Choice Maintenance took care of it for me for less than $50 and did a good job.
--
Bob C
Closed Thread

Tags
big, irma, shrub, remove, bob

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.