Jamie's Landscaping Continues to Impress

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2020, 10:18 AM
Default Jamie's Landscaping Continues to Impress

Roughly 3 years ago we had moved into a new home in The Villages. We were riding around looking at landscaping for ideas and it seemed every time we came across one we liked, it had a Jamies sign. Consequently we "interviewed" 3 landscapers with Jamie being one and ultimately selected him. We gave him a couple of things that were important to us and the rest was up to him. We are still thrilled to this day about the plan and the completion of same. Hurricane Irma was bearing down us as the work was completed so Jamie stopped to say not to worry. If any palms were displaced he would be by with a crew to upright them or replant as necessary. Fortunately we lost nothing.

His service has never really stopped. Several times in a ride by he will stop or call and say I think you need to increase your irrigation or some other suggestion as he still takes pride in what he created. To this day we still get folks stopping by asking to come on the property and take a closer look.

In the recent past I had some damage done to a stacked by some kind of vehicle. Jamie came to give me an estimate to repair and he offered to fix no charge. I can't let him do that, but the gesture is certainly appreciated.

There are a lot of landscapers in the area and I think Jamie is definitely worth a look from my perspective.
Old 08-21-2020, 01:48 PM
Bosoxfan

We agree .We've been here coming up on 11 years and have had Janie landscape 2 house. His vision always exceeds our expectations.
One thing you don't get is a detailed drawing with specifics on his vision but trust me he's the best at what he does
Old 08-21-2020, 01:49 PM

We are also very pleased with Jamie's Landscaping. His whole crew is very competent and friendly. He just recently finished a large project at our 1-1/2 year old home. It also looks so nice that we have had several people stop by for a closer look and ask our opinion of their work. Only problem we encountered was with the extruded curbing, and that was actually "sub-contracted". All the plants, trees, etc. are doing well and Jamie's Landscaping is pushing the curbing guy to make corrections as appropriate. Jamie's ideas for plant selection and overall design was right on. His price was not the lowest bid, but he was easy to communicate with and responsive to our wishes. This is an example of the old saying, "it's not that you're perfect, but how you correct your mistakes that really matter". We appreciate that schedules were maintained and every day the site was cleaned up very well. "Thumbs up" for Jamie's Landscape!
Old 08-21-2020, 02:17 PM
Veteran member

All of you that are touting Jamie's great work, I ask a question. Did he get ARC approval prior to doing the job? Will that come back to haunt you if he did not? I can say no more. I don't want to open a can of worms or attract the attention of the Trolls.
Old 08-21-2020, 05:08 PM

Yes, Jamie's Landscaping did obtain the required application for our for our project and I do have the approved copy in my files in case some bored troll is interested. Will be happy to show it to the troll for a slight "service fee" for the trouble.
Old 08-21-2020, 09:22 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
All of you that are touting Jamie's great work, I ask a question. Did he get ARC approval prior to doing the job? Will that come back to haunt you if he did not? I can say no more. I don't want to open a can of worms or attract the attention of the Trolls.
Yes he is above board.
Old 08-22-2020, 05:06 AM

We used Jamie for a new stacking wall, and to reinvent our current landscaping. He was a tad more expensive than a couple others estimates, but I liked him. I liked his honesty when talking with him. I liked the fact there was no money down until the job was complete and me, the customer, was happy. IF some of the plants didnt make it, he came by and replaced them. I also use him for our quarterly trimming and maintenance on our property and I cant say enough good things about him, Josh, and Jess in the office. They do what they say and are top notch. Definitely I would recommend to other and have many times. They feel like family.
Old 08-22-2020, 05:38 AM

There may be a lot of landscapers that service the Villages but most are not very reliable. We are on our 4th landscaping service since moving into our house 4 years ago. Most come once and then never show up again and we're on the phone practically begging them to come back. I will keep Jamie's name in mind for the future just in case.
Old 08-22-2020, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Stopczynski View Post
Roughly 3 years ago we had moved into a new home in The Villages. We were riding around looking at landscaping for ideas and it seemed every time we came across one we liked, it had a Jamies sign. Consequently we "interviewed" 3 landscapers with Jamie being one and ultimately selected him. We gave him a couple of things that were important to us and the rest was up to him. We are still thrilled to this day about the plan and the completion of same. Hurricane Irma was bearing down us as the work was completed so Jamie stopped to say not to worry. If any palms were displaced he would be by with a crew to upright them or replant as necessary. Fortunately we lost nothing.

His service has never really stopped. Several times in a ride by he will stop or call and say I think you need to increase your irrigation or some other suggestion as he still takes pride in what he created. To this day we still get folks stopping by asking to come on the property and take a closer look.

In the recent past I had some damage done to a stacked by some kind of vehicle. Jamie came to give me an estimate to repair and he offered to fix no charge. I can't let him do that, but the gesture is certainly appreciated.

There are a lot of landscapers in the area and I think Jamie is definitely worth a look from my perspective.
Please send Jamie’s info. Bocaabend@aol.com. Thank you
Old 08-22-2020, 07:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

add us to the many satisfied customers
Old 08-22-2020, 07:46 AM

We were Jamie's first landscape project in Fenney in spring 2018 . Being new to Florida, we had no idea which plants/shrubs to choose. We gave him photos of some of the plants we liked that we saw in the area and pretty much left it up to him for the rest. Very pleased with the result. After we had our birdcage put up earlier this year, we had him back again to redo the rear of the house. Again, very pleased. However, a couple of the plants chosen are getting too tall and interrupt our pond view, so having been here almost 3 years now, we know what we want to replace them with. Highly recommend. For the original project he was neither the lowest bid or highest, but the fact that payment wasn't due until the project was satisfactorily completed was one of the factors for deciding to pick him.
Old 08-22-2020, 08:37 AM

Who is this person ? Name and phone number ?
Old 08-22-2020, 08:38 AM
Location: Chicago area but spend a month every year in The Villages

Jamies is the best. He gave us a terrific sylvester palm tree and several other good bushes. I am from Illinois and know nothing about what works in Florida as far as landscaping.
Old 08-22-2020, 09:21 AM

Sounds great but any contact info?
Old 08-22-2020, 09:24 AM
theruizs

I googled Jamies Landscaping The Villages FL and found this:
Jamies Landscaping & Pavers LLC - (352) 308-7412.
Closed Thread

Tags
jamie, landscapers, stopped, day, landscaping

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.