Landscape Lighting

Closed Thread
Old 11-12-2020, 09:39 PM
Default Landscape Lighting

I’m looking to add landscape lighting to our landscape. Any contacts anyone could share is appreciated.
Old 11-13-2020, 01:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

This can be a DIY project, which will generally save you a lot of money. I have installed the lights and controller from Home Depot as these were metal and LED and had a 5 year warranty. They are currently 6 years old and NO failures. I did my own, and the only change I made was I used crimp connectors, liquid tape, and heat shrink tubing to get completely waterproof connections. Lowe's has similar equipment but it appears to be a significantly higher cost. I have helped a few neighbors where they did all of the hard work (burying cable, etc.) and I made up the final connections as I had the equipment. I am no longer interested in doing complete installations, my knees complain too much.....
Old 01-15-2021, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
This can be a DIY project, which will generally save you a lot of money. I have installed the lights and controller from Home Depot as these were metal and LED and had a 5 year warranty. They are currently 6 years old and NO failures. I did my own, and the only change I made was I used crimp connectors, liquid tape, and heat shrink tubing to get completely waterproof connections. Lowe's has similar equipment but it appears to be a significantly higher cost. I have helped a few neighbors where they did all of the hard work (burying cable, etc.) and I made up the final connections as I had the equipment. I am no longer interested in doing complete installations, my knees complain too much.....
Hello, A new homeowner here I am getting overwhelmed by the things I need to know about my purchased home i.e. sprinkler maintenance, water conditioner or softener (not sure what I have), lawn and home pest control etc... Anyway it looks like you have a good bit of experience with landscaping lighting. I know you are a DIY person (as I) but one of things I am concerned with is burying the wire, BTW, thanks for all your tips on this subject. My concern is not to disturb the sprinkler system. Never installed landscaping lighting but anything else I should be concerned about (outside you already informative tips)? Thank you Ray
Old 01-15-2021, 10:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Not exactly landscape lighting, but my neighbor who has a tremendous landscaped yard on a corner CYV lot just had soffit lights installed by ECI Electric of Belleview. I was meaning to ask him the price, he's used ECI for his hot tub and many projects. I was considering getting them installed myself since the only light out front is the lampost. He had three installed over the garage and two on the front of the home. I remember seeing an ad a couple of years ago in the Sun for Pike Electric to install five of these lights for $250. They're on a sensor, so you set them and forget them.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Old 01-15-2021, 11:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

You never mentioned what type property. If CYV there are rules/restrictions. I would read up if in CYV?
Old 01-15-2021, 05:08 PM
Platinum member

We got solar lights at Lowes.
Closed Thread

Tags
landscape, lighting, i’m, add, contacts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.