Landscape Recommendations

Closed Thread
Old 12-22-2020, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralaforest View Post
Looking to get a couple of bids on a couple of (fairly simple) landscape jobs. Has anyone had experience with any of these 4 contractors:

- TerraScape
- Sharp
- A2 Stylish
- Brandon's

Of course interested in quality of the work, responsiveness, as well as cost.

Thanks!
We used TerraScape in 2012 to landscape our corner lot. They did a great job and worked with our budget.
We had Jason Schmidt put in a paver patio and do a refresh of some of the shrubs this past summer. Also recommend Jason Schmidt. They did a great job as well. I think you will be pleased with either one.
Old 12-22-2020, 08:30 AM
Platinum member

We just had Village Palms change our landscaping out in front and on right side of house. 8 years ago they did our rear right side patio and an island. This time we added an island and front done. They are on 466 and design center is in rear. Plenty to choose from. Happy with them both times. They are not the cheapest but do have quality products. We have several palms and have ever had a palm rat.
Old 12-22-2020, 08:31 AM
Default Landscaper

Quote:
Looking to get a couple of bids on a couple of (fairly simple) landscape jobs. Has anyone had experience with any of these 4 contractors:

- TerraScape
- Sharp
- A2 Stylish
- Brandon's

Thanks!
Sorry you're not getting much help with the other 3 companies. We used Fairfield Farms - too expensive and am having to take out most of what was put in 2 years later. Many experienced Floridians, including me, will tell you not to do Palm trees. Don't know if we have palm rats here, but palm trees are also messy and need a lot of maintenance to keep them looking nice.
Old 12-22-2020, 08:35 AM

Jamie’s Landscaping, there is a reason they don’t have to advertise. As for palm rats, never have seen one and I think that’s an overblown urban legend. Any landscaping from time to time may attract undesirables. Like you never had the occasional skunk stop by up north As for upkeep, no harder here then anywhere else except you have more time here to be active outdoors with your landscaping.
Old 12-22-2020, 08:53 AM

Florida has there own wildlife. I have never had a rat problem in 23 years here. Just pick native Florida foliage and flowers. Do not pick large plants. Things grow very fast here. Trim your tress and palms according to an arborist. People over trim palms, which causes them to grow way to fast and makes them unhealthy. Learn to live here. Do not try to do what you used to do where you home from.
Old 12-22-2020, 09:08 AM
Location: Rochester NY, Warren OH, Independence MO, Branson MO
Default Landscapers

I just had my side yard and front yard re-landscaped by Tomas Landscaping, 352-303-2917. The owner Tomas Perez is professional and will provide a solid estimate, start and end date and meet the commitment. He removed 2 queen palms in the front of the house, the bismark palm and robelinis palm were left and filled in with new plants and 2 big rocks; in the side yard he removed overgrown agave cactus and left the palm and washingtonian palm and rock - simple and easy to care for.[ The wall was added in place of curb-it so ARC approval was not necessary as curb-it and.
the space was less than original which was done in 2015.
Pictures provided.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200928_124911529.jpg
Views:	1084
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	87414   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201020_113211077.jpg
Views:	1081
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	87415  
Old 12-22-2020, 09:12 AM

We had Jamie’s landscaping. They did a great job. Would hire them again.
Old 12-22-2020, 09:17 AM

Sharp did our stacked wall and rock beds. They did a very nice job, were very responsive and returned calls in a timely manner. Very personable to work with. After the job was done, Billy told us they hadn't used everything they anticipated, so the cost was actually less than the estimate, which we were really grateful for. I wonder how many others would have done that?? We have very little front yard, just in front of our golf cart garage and around the side to the patio (we have a patio villa). Our cost was about $3500 for stacked wall, lava rock bed, and French drains with popups on either end of the golf cart garage, taking out a scrub tree and replacing with a 30-gal Robellini palm with stacked wall and lava rock around it. Turned our very nice. We're very happy with it!!
Old 12-22-2020, 09:25 AM

We have used TerraScape 3 times (curbing about 10 years ago, some new bushes/plants a few years ago, and tear out/redo of all of the front landscaping this year. We have always been very pleased. I know nothing about plants, and Megan has really helped show me what will look good and be low maintenance. New since we started with them is a $1500 minimum per job ($2000 for new customers).
Old 12-22-2020, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Luicana View Post
What are Palm Rats? We just moved from the North
Those are rats that live in the Sylvester Palms usually. I've not seen one, but my neighbor across the street said he saw a rat run from my neighbor's Sylvester to my Sylvester. That's one of the most popular Palm Trees, I believe on my block there about 7 Sylvester's on a street of 13 CYVs.

What's even more scary is one of my neighbors trims his own Sylvester and was on a ladder up near the top and saw two eyes looking back at him. He thought it was a rat, but then realized the eyes were too big. It was a Bobcat and it fell out of the tree and passed him on the way down. He got off the ladder and in his villa backyard the Bobcat was up against the 7' villa wall around the yard, the only way out was to go past him. In one motion, the Bobcat scaled the wall and was gone. They're big and look for small animals, so do the coyotes. squirrels, rabbits, cats, small dogs, that's probably why he was in the tree, looking for a rat. Here's a Bobcat, photo taken atop a villa wall in the Village of Hillsborough. If you have a small pet, don't ever let it out thinking it's safe in your fenced yard, even with owners present, coyotes have grabbed small dogs.

The Villages Florida
Old 12-22-2020, 09:57 AM

Quote:

- TerraScape
- Sharp
- A2 Stylish
- Brandon's

Thanks!
We are using “A cutting Edge”. They are the best I have ever hired
Old 12-22-2020, 10:11 AM
Default Don't use a woman's touch

[QUOTE=sborlove;1876279]Just don't use a Womans Touch.....they do not stand behind the work they do!! And lie.
Old 12-22-2020, 10:35 AM

We were not happy with Terrascape. In our first house, we wanted to remove all grass and existing landscape and replace with rocks and other landscaping. The price quoted seemed fine, so we wanted to proceed. We were then told that the designer “forgot to include the rocks” and that the price would be much higher. We never signed with them.
For our second house, we used Fairfield Farms (Fernando) and was very pleased.
Old 12-22-2020, 10:47 AM

Getting our oak tree removed was the best thing we ever did. Winburns did it and we were very, very happy. We had acorns three inches deep in our lawn and on our driveway. So long to that!!!
Old 12-22-2020, 10:47 AM
Default Used terrascape

Quote:

- TerraScape
- Sharp
- A2 Stylish
- Brandon's

Thanks!
Used Terrascape 13 years ago and have been very satisfied. We chose them for several reasons: professionalism, knowledge of plants that would survive the occasional frosts we have, warranty, killer design and comprehensive installation (arranged to have curbing installed and pavers). They were not cheap, but were worth the price because we haven't had to make many changes over these many years!
Closed Thread

Tags
landscape, couple, interested, sharp, stylish

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.