Landscape Restrictions

Closed Thread
Old 04-12-2019, 08:10 PM

Last edited by iaudit; 04-18-2019 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaudit View Post
Was gone for a couple of days and i came back to see my back neighbor removed all his sod up to the property lines where there are drainage swells. What to do ?
Call ARC 352-751-3912, give them the address and ask if ARC approval was given for the changes. If plans were approved, take you photos to the office (the arch way next to starbucks) lake Sumter landing, and have them compare photos to plans. In general, it is my understanding NOTHING can occupy the 2 to 3 foot (or more) drainage areas between the houses. I was told, NO changes to this area due to drainage. If the neighbor made illegal or unapproved chanvges, they will be required to put this back to original condition.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Was gone for a couple of days and i came back to see my back neighbor removed all his sod up to the property lines where there are drainage swells. What to do ?
Attachment 79255
Attachment 79256
He's your neighbor, right? You know him, right?
Why not talk to him....he knows a lot more than we do.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
OP, call community standards with your questions, 352-751-3912, they will be glad to talk to you, also, if you need permission for a project, there is NO COST to fill out the form to get approval for your project. I have done this several times, very painless process, and all my projects have been approved.
Painless Process with written proof to your questions and the people are very easy to deal with. Better to get the real answer up front than do something and trying to slide it by and getting snagged.

Being a new Villager I give you a whole lot of credit for asking and its
better to ask than have to go thru the hassle of repairing a mistake later.

I had them out and what I thought was a tree was actually called a Garbage Bush by the person who came out. It had six trunks that were about 6 inches around. Got permission to demolish them. I did it and it grew back in a couple of months. I had to rent a stump grinder and that did the trick. Welcome, Home.

Villagetinker is a pretty accurate poster. He's saved me plenty of times.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjohns View Post
Thank you so much everyone! I have the specific restrictions for my District and lot number. The restrictions were written in 2004 and are difficult to read due to print quality. I just want to make sure I don't inadvertently break the rules and frustrate myself.

You can download the best available copy of your Declaration of Restrictions HERE.

Don

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....
Old 04-13-2019, 09:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Attachment 79255
Attachment 79256
Is it possible they are resoding?

Tags
scrubs, restrictions, landscape, flowers, hard

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.