Landscape Service Anyone (look the other way)

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2017, 08:54 PM

Believe me, Service Smart is the worst. Stay away from this unethical bunch
Old 09-19-2017, 09:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post
We had Massey, then Dean but now we have Fertigator and our yard has never looked this good!
Fertigator darn near killed our yard. It never looked so bad. We had them out several times, and all the recommendations just made it worse. I really think lawn care down here is a crap shoot. Stellar was the best we've had, but sadly they went under and were taken over by Service Smart. All in the family.

Now we have Massey. They do a so-so job, but it seems like that is the best you can get in this area.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:38 AM

We have lived in the villages for about 4 years now. We started off doing our own lawn , then realized there's so much up keep in Florida and so many things to do in the villages! Such a great place to live. We tried some other companies, like deans and it just wasn't for us. We needed a place to offer everything and our friend referred us to Fertigator. We were reluctant to pay for a year in advance but we did, and our lawn looks great, I have no complaints.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:39 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfpro1956 View Post
We have lived in the villages for about 4 years now. We started off doing our own lawn , then realized there's so much up keep in Florida and so many things to do in the villages! Such a great place to live. We tried some other companies, like deans and it just wasn't for us. We needed a place to offer everything and our friend referred us to Fertigator. We were reluctant to pay for a year in advance but we did, and our lawn looks great, I have no complaints.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

When a lawn is fertilized it must be watered, religiously, or it will burn out. It doesn't matter WHO puts the fertilizer down.

As sure as death and taxes.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-22-2017 at 12:13 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:16 PM

We inherited Massey from the previous owner back in '09; the lawn was almost dead. Over a three-year period, it started coming back and got to about the best it's been. Then started a steady down-hill look to it in spite of changing all the sprinkler heads, all of the controller valves, applying extra growth compound, again planting new grass plug (my expense for these - getting good as I've now done that four seasons). Well, the so-called lawn in front and on the one side is almost back to the lousy shape it used to be in. Fired the water irrigation check guy; all he did was have me buy new things every three months during the steady down-hill period. Latest reason for bad grass given last year was the oak tree was providing too much shade for the grass to grow. Admittedly it is a nice shade tree for a few hours every afternoon. But many people in our neighborhood have the exact same kind of tree and also have Massey and their lawns have looked great for years. And to really get smart, the most recent tech I got said I needed to "run my irrigation system longer for a minimum of 2 to 3 times per week." Uhhhhh. . . And how does that square with the prohibition we now have against watering more than once per week and then please do it only if absolutely needed? "Oh, don't worry about that, nobody pays any attention to that rule". So what is different? As has been stated, some techs know what they are doing and some don't. Not much you can do about it but complain and complain. If I had a shed to store all the lawn-care equipment I gave away up north when we left, I would do my own - certainly wouldn't have any worse grass condition. So is Massey any better or worse than others - no, don't think they are. Just a lucky or unlucky crap-shoot which bunch of techs come to visit you.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I wish Fertigator would come back and clean off the iron stains they put on the sides and back of our house when they claimed what our grass needed was an application of iron. When we asked about it, they said It will come right off with (name a product).
Old 10-25-2017, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank325is View Post
I am a new resident to The Village, well, less than a year. I contracted Massey for landscape services. To all that read postings, look the other way when Massey knocks at the door. After three months, they over fertilized and burned a new yard. To all that read replacement guarantees, and believe companies will support their services, save yourself your time, your energy and many hours of writing letters, just look the other way.

To frustrated to explain the entire ordeal but I will give you a heads up……………. With Massey look the other way !!!!!! I hope you get the point and you will save yourself from loosing your hard earned money.
Frank235is,..I feel your pain, like you,10 months in T.V... Noticed all the Massey trucks in T.V., must be very popular..All white shirt and tie, smiles, but nothing else except conning you out of a lot of money....I could write a whole chapter of outlandishly overcharging me for WORK NOT DONE (irrigation, and more), with proof...The good, we ripped up all contracts, readjusted(thank you Visa)the bills down..This, but still feel cheated, scammed out of lot of money...Massey, what a headache, worse than the "Travelers".....

Last edited by Villagevip; 10-25-2017 at 08:51 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:02 PM
Sage

We've been using Falcon Lawn & Pest for over two years now. They offer one-stop shopping.
They offer mowing, weeding, trimming shrubs, termite control, inside and outside pest control.
Our Tech makes us feel like our lawn is important to him. So far, they've taken good care of us.
We pay monthly for their services, no contract required.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:49 AM
Sage

Yes, Service Smart treats my neighbors lawn as if it were an empty lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
massey, save, services, landscape, read

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.