Landscape Service Anyone (look the other way)

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2017, 12:31 PM
Default Landscape Service Anyone (look the other way)

I am a new resident to The Village, well, less than a year. I contracted Massey for landscape services. To all that read postings, look the other way when Massey knocks at the door. After three months, they over fertilized and burned a new yard. To all that read replacement guarantees, and believe companies will support their services, save yourself your time, your energy and many hours of writing letters, just look the other way.

To frustrated to explain the entire ordeal but I will give you a heads up……………. With Massey look the other way !!!!!! I hope you get the point and you will save yourself from loosing your hard earned money.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:41 PM
Platinum member

I have had Massey for several services for the past five years and am happy with their work. I called once and complained about a bad patch of lawn and three supervisors showed up! It was a water problem. I am sorry you are having so much trouble. Have you talked to "higher" up management?
Old 08-06-2017, 03:43 PM

Over fertilizer lol.
More likely you lawn was not watered enough. It looks the same. These past few months everyone I know had problems with brown areas. Due to the soil being different in different areas of the lawn. Some sand some dirt some clay. You could water almost everyday and people still had brown spots. Once the rains started up again 98% of the lawns are now green again. Massy is just not that generous with the lawn chemicals to hurt a lawn.
Old 08-06-2017, 06:31 PM
Default Hummmmm

Yes I have talked to local management and even the Home office. These are not brown areas, these are area's that will not grow back. This also happened to one of my neighbors that received their application the same day as mine. If you have had good luck, I wish you well, but for those looking, your money your time.
Old 08-06-2017, 08:04 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Sadly, it really does depend on your tech -- level of experience, amount of care, etc. some of the guys are good, some are pathetic at best, one is downright awesome. I hate dealing with the stupidvisors, most are condescending.

I'm really not a fan of one service does it all. Have yet to find one that does it all well. I prefer one to mow, one to treat for pests and weeds and another for trimming. Cost comes out about the same but the service is much better.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 08-07-2017, 08:32 PM
Platinum member

We have been quite please with Massey on so many levels. They have been responsive whenever we needed something. Sorry that has not been your experience -- yet based upon ours we would highly recommend.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:52 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,299 Times in 536 Posts

Red is unfortunately right----it depends on your Tech. I've had Massey for the last 4 years and never had a problem. OP, sorry for your issue.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:53 PM
Gold member

We had Massey, then Dean but now we have Fertigator and our yard has never looked this good!
Old 08-10-2017, 03:28 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post
We had Massey, then Dean but now we have Fertigator and our yard has never looked this good!
Trish..............a fellow Ferti. Have been with Fertigator for years and are very happy.

They just completed my landscaping project and I can recommend them for that as well.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:59 AM
Gold member
Default I do my own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post
So the blame and the results are mine-

It is a balance. The more fertilizer that is applied the more water and mowing is needed. Actually, applying more fertilizer and thus watering more makes your lawn more subject to fungus and insect attack.

This year started out very dry. We were hearing such terms as drought. Then, the past 2-3 months we received above the normal amount of rain.

I do the chemistry and the weeding but have someone else do the mowing. You are actually advised to never mow off more than 1/3 of the grass length. I don't think any of the pros can do this, or will do this but to cut off only 1/3 the length your lawn could well need to be mowed twice a week.

TRUTH-in the past three months we've watered only three times in three months and my lawn is the best it has been since we moved in.

It has been a good year for lawns.
Or, as it is said, a rising tide raises all boats.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:06 AM

We hired Fertigator in July, 2016. Service was terrific, very pleased initially. 6 months later we found ourselves having to call frequently for lack of service, particularly mowing. Seems they could never maintain any sort of consistent schedule. 3 weeks prior to Irma, our lawn was mowed. Despite several requests for mowing, we were ignored, then Irma hit. A week later, my wife called them, only to be verbally abused and insulted by Dave Cross, the owner. He suggested we find another provider, then abruptly hung up on her. Buyer beware!
Old 09-19-2017, 08:14 AM

Fired Massey years ago.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:35 PM

Arrived at T.V. less than a year... Saw all the Massey trucks in T.V.. Sign this, sign that, oh forgot this one.. sign here...Big mistake! Terminated all the flimflam with-in two months..
Old 09-19-2017, 02:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank325is View Post
I am a new resident to The Village, well, less than a year. I contracted Massey for landscape services. To all that read postings, look the other way when Massey knocks at the door. After three months, they over fertilized and burned a new yard. To all that read replacement guarantees, and believe companies will support their services, save yourself your time, your energy and many hours of writing letters, just look the other way.

To frustrated to explain the entire ordeal but I will give you a heads up……………. With Massey look the other way !!!!!! I hope you get the point and you will save yourself from loosing your hard earned money.
I couldn't fire them fast enough
Have Deans for the moment and It is what it is
Old 09-19-2017, 06:52 PM

When is pick up for debre and lawn in Sumpter? I saw something about it but can't remember the date and can't find it on the site.
Closed Thread

Tags
massey, save, services, landscape, read

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.