landscape waterfall

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2018, 06:17 PM
Default landscape waterfall

I was looking for some landscaper to build me a waterfall . I'm sick of looking at the wall in the back yard and want to make it more appealing to the eyes and ears. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks Brad and Jackie in Osceola Hills
Old 06-09-2018, 07:19 PM
Default Dale at Jireh Landscaping.

Call Dale at Jireh landscaping.......(352) 250-9591. We have used him multiple times and you will not be sorry. Just built and moved to Fenney and will have him landscape our new yard here.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:19 PM

I second that vote for Dale of JIREH Landscaping. His crew has done an amazing job for us in Pine Hills. You'll notice that they have MANY happy clients on Kauska Way and Conservation Trail (The Preserve).
Old 06-10-2018, 06:45 AM

Do they build waterfalls ? We want to have a little oasis in the back yard with some nice flowering bushes and trees and and a waterfall as the centerpiece . We just didn't know who builds them. Thanks
Old 06-10-2018, 07:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwahrend View Post
I was looking for some landscaper to build me a waterfall . I'm sick of looking at the wall in the back yard and want to make it more appealing to the eyes and ears. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks Brad and Jackie in Osceola Hills
Touch of Paradise Designs|Ocala,FL|Ponds & Waterfalls|Full Service
Old 06-10-2018, 01:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Another vote for Jireh and yes, the build custom waterfalls and do great oasis landscaping.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-10-2018, 10:36 PM

We are up north for the summer but will be down for a few weeks in July. Will definitely check out the work of Jireh Landscaping as well as the touch of paradise in Ocala. I'll be in touch Jazzcat when we're in town. Thanks everyone, Brad and Jackie
Old 06-12-2018, 06:36 PM

Bobby at Escapes Landscaping built a waterfall with a pond for my friend and a pondless for us. We both live in Osceola.................
Old 06-13-2018, 11:59 AM
Default Related to your thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwahrend View Post
Do they build waterfalls ? We want to have a little oasis in the back yard with some nice flowering bushes and trees and and a waterfall as the centerpiece . We just didn't know who builds them. Thanks
Re: your question about waterfall.
It would of course require a pump-electricity. I would wonder if it can be solar powered. Solar power has come down quite a bit.
Re: your goal of covering a wall
Even if you do end up with your original waterfall inquiry, you might consider espaliered plants. Old technique of growing fruit trees on a wall. Besides fruit trees many plants can be grown this way-space saving as well as decorating a wall.

As to flowers or fruit which starts as a flower.
The function is to produce seeds-attract pollinating insects. You may not be as happy in your, "Oasis," as you envision with bees on your flowers and mosquitoes breeding in your waterfall pool. There are of course solutions.

Aside-in my opinion, many fruits are also attractive plants.
Citrus gives nice flowers, nice smell as well as colorful, tasty fruit. Blueberries, which I grow, after you adjust the soil ph-a real job here, are disese free, produce white flowers and they turn reddish orange in the."fall." As stated above-bees in the spring and you need to fight the birds if you plan on any fruit.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:40 AM
Sage

But before you get too far into the project, I see a couple of pitfalls. First, there is usually a utility easement next to the wall. If the existing underground wires needed maintenance or repair, or if a utility such as cable chose to add a wire, Their only obligation is to restore sod to original. No joy if they had to rip out a waterfall to trench for a new cable. And second, you are not allowed to attach anything to the wall, which is owned by the district.

Tags
waterfall, ears, eyes, appealing, jackie

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.