Landscapers in Tamarind Grove

Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Default Landscapers in Tamarind Grove

Can anyone who lives in The Village of Tamarind Grove (we will be in Cottonwood Villas) recommend a landscaping company? We think it would be a good idea for neighbors to use the same company so that we could all perhaps have our yards/courtyards done in the same timeframe. We would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:37 AM

If you want to PM me I will tell you about a company you definitely want to avoid. They go into new neighborhoods and do a good job but they are non-responsive to problems you may encounter afterward. I've always believed that service after the sale is as important as the sale itself and when it comes to landscaping it is even more important. My neighbor, who also used them, is having the same problem.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:46 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie Cockcroft View Post
Can anyone who lives in The Village of Tamarind Grove (we will be in Cottonwood Villas) recommend a landscaping company? We think it would be a good idea for neighbors to use the same company so that we could all perhaps have our yards/courtyards done in the same timeframe. We would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
Hi Connie,
I'm not clear.... are you thinking of uniting for landscape maintenance, or to redesign and plant anew?
Are you looking for a possible group discount or perhaps eliminating multiple days of grass cutting noise? As I said, I'm not clear.
For our maintenance, we decided to use the company that installed the landscaping, at least for the time being. (we purchased our CYV in Cottonwood last month)
That way, if any defects show in the plantings, they know they did the original installation.
As my hubby George has posted, we'll be back in a few weeks to see how it's been cared for so far, then go from there.
Debbie Pugh
Old 06-09-2011, 05:45 AM

We were thinking if we had the same landscaper/grass cutter it would help 2 fold. #1 we all should be on the same schedule so that all the lawns get done on or about the same day, and #2 if there is a problem we would all know and be able to look out for one another since we aren't all there all of the time. I don't recall seeing any paperwork that told us who did the original landscaping. We also purchased in Cottonwood last month. If you can give me the name of the landscaper who did install it originally , I would sure appreciate it.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:58 AM
Platinum member

Hi Connie,
Ours was done by Tri-County Landscaping. Have you had your "sprinkler system walkthrough" yet? They demonstrated that for us as well.
I have a feeling that you may be our next door neighbor....!
Old 06-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Location: Philadelphia PA, North Wildwood NJ, Village of Tamarind Grove - June 2011

I just moved into Cottonwood Villas last week and was given the name of John Kirks who came highly recommended for lawn care and landscaping. I placed a call this morning and will let you know what I find out once I talk with him.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashorecaroline View Post
I just moved into Cottonwood Villas last week and was given the name of John Kirks who came highly recommended for lawn care and landscaping. I placed a call this morning and will let you know what I find out once I talk with him.
It's John Kirk, nice young man.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Default Stellar Residential Services, LLC (landscapers)

Stellar Residential Services, LLC did a great job on some new landscaping at our courtyard villa in Cottonwood Villas. Marty Rouse, owner/operator, made some great suggestions, quoted a fair price (my husband has some landscaping experiece so he was happy with the quote) and brought a fun, clean-cut crew who obviously enjoy their work. They started when promised and were done with a lot of hard work in less than 2 days. They have done landscaping at other homes in Cottonwood. Marty can be reached at 352-553-2597.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:57 PM

we live in tamarind grove, have hired a one-man lawn service, he does it all and are very please, also we don't live there and depend on him for total lawn care and outside house check up.
he also lives in tv.
gene swords 325-259-9631
Old 07-08-2011, 03:32 PM

I'm moving to Tamarind Grove in 2 weeks. On the following Monday I'm having new landscaping put in by CustomScapes on Hwy 441. The young couple who own the company (Lance & Sara) are good listeners, seem very knowledgeable, and are very responsive (so far.) Of course, the actual work isn't done yet but they have tons of customers in The Villages and everything I've seen I've liked A LOT - that's how I found them. I'll be able to say more after the work is finished, but you might want to check them out. Phone: 352.315.9600.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Smile landscapers

I thought the Courtyard Villas had very tiny front yards. Why would one need a landscaper?
Old 07-09-2011, 05:56 AM
Platinum member

Hi grrr rex!
That's kind of like saying, "Why would one want frosting on a Birthday Cake?"
(I'm just being a kid this morning! )
Actually, TV does a very good job of making the landscaping more than presentable on a new CYV... and yes, the space out front is modest. (Back yards vary in size however, and some are quite abundant in space, therefore have more landscaping) They do vary the plantings from house to house, which I think is thoughtful and don't skimp on the number of plants at all.

But, some of us have preferences for this or that, and as CYV's are purchased from existing inventory, the owners make their changes afterwards.

As an example, one of our neighbors has pooches that nibble greenery on occasion and they had a number of holly bushes around their villa. Holly berries can be very toxic to dogs, so they had a landscaper come and replace them with something friendlier to their pets.
Everyone in TV is responsible for taking care of their own grounds... mowing, pruning, watering, etc. Some do it all themselves, some use landscaping services of their choosing.

That's one of the things I love here. I have previously lived in townhouse associations where all was done for me, not by knowledgeable landscapers, but done by the guy giving the lowest bid. There are many doofuses out there
who think they're landscapers.
Anyway, I see you are new to the forum, so let me extend a welcome to you!
You'll enjoy it here!
Old 07-09-2011, 06:08 AM

Well, put, Uptown Girl. We have a large courtyard, which was quite modestly landscaped when we purchased it. Since pickup trucks, and tools were in PA, and we lack all knowledge regarding Florida plants, it was absolutely necessary to hire a landscaper. We were delighted with the services of Stellar Residential Residential Services.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
Hi grrr rex!
That's kind of like saying, "Why would one want frosting on a Birthday Cake?"
(I'm just being a kid this morning! )
Actually, TV does a very good job of making the landscaping more than presentable on a new CYV... and yes, the space out front is modest. (Back yards vary in size however, and some are quite abundant in space, therefore have more landscaping) They do vary the plantings from house to house, which I think is thoughtful and don't skimp on the number of plants at all.

But, some of us have preferences for this or that, and as CYV's are purchased from existing inventory, the owners make their changes afterwards.

As an example, one of our neighbors has pooches that nibble greenery on occasion and they had a number of holly bushes around their villa. Holly berries can be very toxic to dogs, so they had a landscaper come and replace them with something friendlier to their pets.
Everyone in TV is responsible for taking care of their own grounds... mowing, pruning, watering, etc. Some do it all themselves, some use landscaping services of their choosing.

That's one of the things I love here. I have previously lived in townhouse associations where all was done for me, not by knowledgeable landscapers, but done by the guy giving the lowest bid. There are many doofuses out there
who think they're landscapers.
Anyway, I see you are new to the forum, so let me extend a welcome to you!
You'll enjoy it here!
Old 07-09-2011, 07:33 AM
Location: Philadelphia PA, North Wildwood NJ, Village of Tamarind Grove - June 2011

I am getting landscaping done by S. McGowan. Sabrina was highly recommended on TOTV. When Sabrina came to give me an estimate she was extremely pleasant and knowledgeable. Once I decided to use her she required no deposit. She is quite busy so my landscaping will be done in two weeks. Can't wait till it is done! You can check out her website at designbymcgowan.com.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:11 PM

I'm moving into Cottonwood Villa's can you please tell me who to avoid and who you recommend. Thanks
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.