Landscapers in Tamarind Grove

Closed Thread
Old 07-16-2011, 06:02 AM

We use Stellar Landscaping and so do other neighbors in Cottonwood. Marty Rouse is the owner and he has a great crew. He takes care of out couryard, but he also did some great landscaping for us. You can reach Stellar at 352-553-2597. The only one I know to avoid is somebody named "Carlos". In private messaging I would give you more information about why.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:23 AM

we changed to Stellar, after meeting and talking to him and seeing what a hard worker he and his crew are, we made that right choice. also he does many jobs, he is an all in one company, even power washes.
give him a call:
marty stellar: 352-553-2597
Old 07-16-2011, 07:55 AM
Location: Philadelphia PA, North Wildwood NJ, Village of Tamarind Grove - June 2011

I have been using Kirk's Lawn Service who came highly recommended. I recently received a letter from The Villages with recommended companies for lawn care, landscapers, termite and pest control companies and was pleased to see John Kirk was on the list. He not only does mowing but also fertilizing and power washing. When I met him the first thing he gave me were copies of his license and insurance papers. He does not require any money up front and no contract to sign. His number is 352-348-9725.

I am having landscaping done in two weeks and through various recommendations on TOTV I went with Sabrina McGown. You can check out her website at designbymcgowan.com.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:06 PM

We just moved to Cottonwood too...and are using Marty and his crew from Stellar...so far, so good! They did our pest control too....I called this am about some ants and they were out right away to reapply and kill!
Old 07-27-2011, 06:16 PM

I posted previously that I hired CustomScapes & that I would post a follow-up when the job was done. Well, they finished today and their work FAR EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS. Are they cheap? No. Do they offer value for the money spent? I definitely think so. The plants they put in were so much larger & healthier than what I have seen elsewhere. I also had them put in flagstone on the patio and in the lanai. It looks fabulous. All in all, it totally transformed my small backyard making it an oasis of green where I plan to spend much of my time. I figure I just about doubled my useable living space by creating an environment I know I will enjoy for years to come.

What I liked about Lance (the owner) from the beginning was the fact that he seemed to get my vision (even though I knew squat about Florida plants.) Now that I see the results I KNOW he got me (and you can ask my husband - that's not always easy to do!)

So for anyone who wants a high quality job for a fair price, I would give my unqualified endorsement of CustomScapes.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Smile Here's why you might consider landscaping small yard

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrr rex View Post
I thought the Courtyard Villas had very tiny front yards. Why would one need a landscaper?

What I got with my standard landscaping was not very inviting. I hired a great landscaper (CustomScapes) and I now have a place that we want to spend all our (at home) time in. You don't have to have a Premier home on a golf course to have an inviting outdoor space. (and because a courtyard isn't that big you can go lush without much cost)

Here is what my backyard looked like before I decided to landscape.

The Villages Florida

Here is that same space after

The Villages Florida

And a close up

The Villages Florida

Another Before shot looking the other direction

The Villages Florida

And the "After"

The Villages Florida

And notice - no grass!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharTalk View Post
What I got with my standard landscaping was not very inviting. I hired a great landscaper (CustomScapes) and I now have a place that we want to spend all our (at home) time in. You don't have to have a Premier home on a golf course to have an inviting outdoor space. (and because a courtyard isn't that big you can go lush without much cost)

Here is what my backyard looked like before I decided to landscape.

The Villages Florida

Here is that same space after

The Villages Florida

And a close up

The Villages Florida

Another Before shot looking the other direction

The Villages Florida

And the "After"

The Villages Florida

And notice - no grass!
Very nice indeed! We have a CYV in Montbrook Villas that we will landscape. Thanks for posting pix and recommending Custom Scapes.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:24 PM
Gold member

Me again. What kind of palm tree is in the corner and how tall will it get? Also, what are the low fern- like plants? Thanks
Old 08-16-2011, 03:33 PM

Thanks for this name and number. We also are moving to Tamarind Grove soon. I tryed the number you gave but it did not go through as an accurate number. Could there be an incorrect digit somewhere? I will try again if you would be so kind to repost the number. Thanks--can't wait to get there and begin meeting all of the TOTV nice people!!
Old 08-22-2011, 08:39 AM

I'm still learning but the Sugar Palm behind the waterfallwont get much larger. I'm texting in car (hobby driving, don't worry) i'll try to remember to check when I get home.

I believe the other plant you are referring to is the Lily of the Nile.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharTalk View Post
I'm still learning but the Sugar Palm behind the waterfallwont get much larger. I'm texting in car (hobby driving, don't worry) i'll try to remember to check when I get home.

I believe the other plant you are referring to is the Lily of the Nile.
Thanks for the info. Again your yard looks so nice and tranquil!
Old 08-22-2011, 09:14 AM
Default CustomScapes phone number

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcas1 View Post
Thanks for this name and number. We also are moving to Tamarind Grove soon. I tryed the number you gave but it did not go through as an accurate number. Could there be an incorrect digit somewhere? I will try again if you would be so kind to repost the number. Thanks--can't wait to get there and begin meeting all of the TOTV nice people!!

Did I give the wrong number? Sorry. It's 352.315.9600.

And welcome to Tamarind Grove! Did you know we have monthly socials (2nd Monday of the month) at Fish Hawk Rec Center? Last time (and our only meeting) was at 5:30. It was Potluck. Info is posted on bulletin board where we pick up mail. Left side when facing mailboxes from the parking lot. I didn't find it for several weeks because my mailbox is in the back and I always went around the right side. Good info there so check it out.

Im still moving in so have only met a few people but I can tell you its a great neighborhood! Enjoy!

Char
Old 08-22-2011, 09:56 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tainsley View Post
Me again. What kind of palm tree is in the corner and how tall will it get? Also, what are the low fern- like plants? Thanks
The ferns in the photo are foxtail ferns. ( Nice job, overall!)
Old 08-22-2011, 09:58 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
The ferns in the photo are foxtail ferns. ( Nice job, overall!)
Thank you! I just think they are so beautiful!
Old 10-08-2011, 04:28 PM

Did you end up with this srevice?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.