Lanscaper Problem

Closed Thread
Old 11-26-2010, 01:05 PM
Veteran member
Smile

We used LandSculptures to do our major project. They came when they said they would and did what they told us in the contract. They warrantied all the new plants (not the ones they just moved) for one year. About 6 months later one of the Sable palms had not opened and looked as if it was dead. We called Lana and she came by about an hour later. She told me the tree was dead and she would schedule a crew to replace it within 2 weeks. 2 days later it was done. When we first were getting estimates we went with Lana to neighborhoods where LandSculptures had done 10 or 15 homes. Some were over a year old and still looked great. Svetlana also took a picture of our front yard and gave us a computer generated photo of what the job would look like on completion. It was pretty close. Call Svetlana at 352-286-1618 for an estamate.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:45 AM
Default Mansfield Testimonial

I am shocked to learn of the problem below because our experience with Steve Mansfield is the opposite. We received more than we paid for and had fantastic service during and following the installation. They were prompt and delivered what they promised.
Keep in mind that Mansfield has thousands of satisfied customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csandel52 View Post
We are rather new to TV and just wanted to get word out there that some Landscapers really are scams and very unprofessional. We dealt with Mansfield and did like the job they did however, no breakdown of prices are ever given therefore, you have no idea what you are really paying.
Also, one of our Sylvester Palms died well before the 90 day warrenty was up and they refused to replace it. We watered all the new landscaping as advised and were called "liars" over and over again when we tried getting it replaced. I have never encountered anyone so mean and nasty.
To make a long story short, we turned him into the Better Business Bureau, went to Seniors Against Crime who could do nothing for us as there were no other complaints which I find hard to believe. We ended up going with another Landscaper who replaced the tree giving us a much larger Sylvester at over $100 less than what Mansfield charged.
So beware if all the promises made in Landscaping Ads!!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:32 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchretien0 View Post
I am shocked to learn of the problem below because our experience with Steve Mansfield is the opposite. We received more than we paid for and had fantastic service during and following the installation. They were prompt and delivered what they promised.
Keep in mind that Mansfield has thousands of satisfied customers.
and a testimonial for a person with ONE POST................
Old 12-15-2010, 05:09 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I've seen several yards done by Mansfield. One was an extremely fast job due to the owners having to go back north. I do know these owners paid a premium to get it done quickly, but it was done on time and looked quite nice. There was an issue that sprinklers that were simply watering rocks should be capped (my comment) and, after a bit of discussion, they did agree to cap those plants. To date, this yard looks quite nice. The other yards that I know were done by Mansfield all seem to have been quite nicely done. I do know they were all higher than I thought was appropriate for TV, but that would have been my only issue.

However, I was at the house that had the expedited job the other day. They had let a flyer asking the homeowner to do a post about how pleased they were with the work. Mansfield very specifically mentioned Talk of the Villages in its flyer. Personally, I found this quite offensive. It is one thing to ask that a yard be used for a referral or even ask that the word be spread about a good job, but to ask someone to defend your work for you just doesn't feel right to me. So, my opinion so far is that they seem to do a good job (have no idea how well they back up what they claim -- I've never been part of the negotiating process and never want to be), they do get a job done when promised, but they are not very professional and you may have to ask (or flat out demand)them to do the little things (like capping sprinklers).

I've also seen work by McGowan. Like Mansfield, it has been beautiful work. I think McGowan's prices are more reasonable. I do know of one instance where the work was not completed when promised, but was only 3 days late, which was probably reasonable considering there was rain.

KB Lawn has also done some nice yards.

Rupert Cross is another one who knows his lawns (only problem with him is he doesn't necessarily get things done when he says he will, but he is also one of the cheapest and he does know his stuff).

I've seen some of the work done by other landscapers here, but really don't remember whose was whose, so won't/can't comment on their work.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Veteran member

We use Rupert Cross and have been very pleased. He really knows his stuff and is very honest. When we hired him he told us to NEVER pay for anything up front when I tried to pay him a deposit.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 12-16-2010, 08:28 AM
Sage

We recently had several landscaping quotes for some planting, curbing and rock that we're planning to do, front and back. An interesting process for sure. So I've now met some of the landscapers that I've been reading about on TOTV, including Mansfield and Sabrina McGowan. I really liked Sabrina, she seems to know her stuff.

We chose Terrascape on CR 301 to do the work. We especially liked the fact that they have their own nursery and a large selection. We were able to choose a special palm tree for the front island .. a very unique, large double-trunk Sylvester Palm, diamond cut.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:11 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

I love Terrascape. I especially like Bonnie, the plant lady. Your Palm sounds beautiful. We got a lot of stuff from them and they are reasonable for a reputable nursery. Bonnie picked us a wonderful tangerine tree and we harvested 36 tangerines when it was only two months planted.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
I love Terrascape. I especially like Bonnie, the plant lady. Your Palm sounds beautiful. We got a lot of stuff from them and they are reasonable for a reputable nursery. Bonnie picked us a wonderful tangerine tree and we harvested 36 tangerines when it was only two months planted.
Salybow, I'm so happy to hear your positive comments about Terrascape. Bonnie was definitely a big part of the reason we chose Terrascape. We loved working with her. She was so helpful and knowledgeable, yet relaxed. .
Old 12-16-2010, 09:42 AM

try using Chase Frye 352-459-5193 or Darran Melanson 352-303-8559 of Grandscapes they both have done work for me and have been great! always did what they said they would and backed up their work. I have has Mr. frye come back and help me with my golf cart too very nice young man and affordable
Old 12-16-2010, 10:11 AM

I will give a big ditto for Rupert Cross. He did some work for us and even did some extra stuff that wasn't in the original quote, but he didn't charge for it. Very reasonable price, very good work. He told me up front that he often is not able to get to a job when he originally says he will, but since the work is outside I didn't have to be home waiting for him, so I considered that to be no big deal. He did show up on time all three days that he came. He also came back promptly to fix a sprinkler line that was leaking. It was behind some stuff and easily overlooked. I found it a few days after he had finished and been paid for the job. One of the complaints about some of the landscapers in TV is trying to get them to come back to fix a problem after they have been paid.

Last edited by iandwk; 12-16-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:36 PM

hey there number is 753-4772 they have a good web site too, i was just there today doing some shopping. hope it helps!
Old 01-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxhimer View Post
hey there number is 753-4772 they have a good web site too, i was just there today doing some shopping. hope it helps!
Who is this number for? The last post to this thread was December of 2010
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.