Lawn Fertilizing

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Default Lawn Fertilizing

Can any one recommend or suggest what kind of lawn fertilizer to use on this new zoysia grass. I heard you should use some thing for bugs and red(fire) ants. And when should you fertilize the lawn and how meny times a year. From up norht NJ, we only did it three time a year.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Banned
Default Re: Lawn Fertilizing

I do it myself, used major companies when I first arrived, they did nothing, my yard looks so good, my neigbors comment often, I use Scott's products, every 3 months and never slip a beat, even if it looks great. Scott's has several different products that are used for each seaon....during the hot summer months, I use twice as much
Old 09-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,647 Times in 589 Posts
Default Re: Lawn Fertilizing

my grass patch is so small, I too plan to use Scott's and do it myself. Likely about every 3 months.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Gold member

Hi, we have never fertilized a lawn prior to coming to TV. Our "lawn" in NY is an old cow pasture and the weeds are all green.

Here we use the same fertilizer that we use for the palm trees. Our grass is green. Appears to be healthy.

HB
Old 11-29-2008, 02:52 AM

We used a service as well and the lawn looked crappy (Superior).

Canceled them and did it ourselves with the Scott's program available on their website. As of today, our lawn has gone from the worst to one of the best in the neighborhood in 6 months. The others that look good also do their own. We cut at 4" which helps retain water and reduce water usage. I won't hire a service again.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:18 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainlegacyhomes View Post
I do it myself, used major companies when I first arrived, they did nothing, my yard looks so good, my neigbors comment often, I use Scott's products, every 3 months and never slip a beat, even if it looks great. Scott's has several different products that are used for each seaon....during the hot summer months, I use twice as much
I do the same.... Scott's weed and feed every 3 months. They have products for different seasons. I also use a motorless reel mower (recommended by a landscaper). I spend the least $$$ and have the greenest grass in the neighborhood. I think the mower plays a big part.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshoffer View Post
I do the same.... Scott's weed and feed every 3 months. They have products for different seasons. I also use a motorless reel mower (recommended by a landscaper). I spend the least $$$ and have the greenest grass in the neighborhood. I think the mower plays a big part.
I have a company that does our lawn also, but their contract ends Jan. i will be doing it myself. My neighbor does his using Scotts. and his looks the better than any others i have seen. I have looked around and all the ones using the big company all look the same. I will be on the Scotts program. He puts his down every 3 months, and it is so healthy and green looking. Big Difference.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.