Lawn not looking good!

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2016, 10:53 PM
Sage

It might be "brown patch".

I do my own lawn and it looks good. I feed it every 8 weeks, at a higher rate than recommended (a 5000 sq.ft. bag for about 3000 sq.ft. of grass). I also apply fungicide and pesticide periodically and spot treat weeds. I water twice a week unless we get rain. I have my mower set at the highest height level. The trick is you really need to make sure it is fed on a regular basis. I am still getting use to Zoysia as my previous lawn was Centipede and didn't require much in the way of feeding. Zoysia appears to require much more frequent feedings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanabanana73 View Post
Almost every single lawn in the 3 or 4 streets around me have the same patchy spots that we have. We increased our watering for one month with no improvement, so we are back to normal watering times now. Just had Joe Tucker come and evaluate the irrigation system and that doesn't seem to be the issue. Dean's does our lawn care and they say it is because of the "hot and dry conditions". Sound familiar??!
Closed Thread

Tags
lawn, heat, company, told, extreme

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.