Lawn not looking good!

Lawn not looking good!

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 07:28 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daca55 View Post
I think your assessment is correct. My irrigation system has been checked out and nothing was found wrong with the exception that a couple of heads needed to have risers put on them and another had to be capped because of too much water in a small area. My company is Service Smart and from the feed back I received here I believe they are the reason why my lawn is the way it is. I kind of figured that it was a case of "when the cat is away the mice will play". I am in the process of looking for a new company. Looking at Deans and hope whoever I get can restore my lawn back to what it was. I didn't think that it was because of a lack of water as I used 18000 gal in July, 14000 gal in Aug and 10,000in Sept. For a patio villa I consider that a lot of water. Thanks for all the info. If anyone knows of a company that is reliable at maintaining lawns please let me know. Thanks again!
We have been very happy with Fertigator...

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

Old 09-26-2016, 07:38 PM
Veteran member

Almost every single lawn in the 3 or 4 streets around me have the same patchy spots that we have. We increased our watering for one month with no improvement, so we are back to normal watering times now. Just had Joe Tucker come and evaluate the irrigation system and that doesn't seem to be the issue. Dean's does our lawn care and they say it is because of the "hot and dry conditions". Sound familiar??!

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2016, 07:38 PM
Sage

Scott's wants to use our lawn in a commercial...just kidding. While interviewing the lawn companies I asked each one what they knew about the Scott's system. They all reacted the same...Scott's is like Kryptonite...it may work in the North East but here it's a total failure. Our lawn is beautiful. It work's and I water properly and I feel sorry these companies can't be more predictable and reliable. I don't want to do any of this anymore but I also don't want to be aggravated by having them not take care of business. Mrs Nucky just commented how good our lawn looked when I did it. I just mumbled and distracted her onto a different subject. I'm on my second lawn cutter since July and looking again. Mr Daca I would pick Massey...a few dollars more but those around me are happy with them. Good luck.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
We have been very happy with Fertigator...

We we're happy with Fertigator until they decided to quit showing up but continued to keep billing us. My lawn has never looked better, but only since I've started taking care of it myself.
For each of us, life is a journey. Where has your life taken you? Your entire life leads to the next step, the chance to define yourself by where you're headed, instead of where you stand. Today is the day you introduce yourself to your destiny.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:09 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
We we're happy with Fertigator until they decided to quit showing up but continued to keep billing us. My lawn has never looked better, but only since I've started taking care of it myself.
Oh, wow. Good to know and sorry that happened to you!

Old 09-26-2016, 10:53 PM
Platinum member

It might be "brown patch".

I do my own lawn and it looks good. I feed it every 8 weeks, at a higher rate than recommended (a 5000 sq.ft. bag for about 3000 sq.ft. of grass). I also apply fungicide and pesticide periodically and spot treat weeds. I water twice a week unless we get rain. I have my mower set at the highest height level. The trick is you really need to make sure it is fed on a regular basis. I am still getting use to Zoysia as my previous lawn was Centipede and didn't require much in the way of feeding. Zoysia appears to require much more frequent feedings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanabanana73 View Post
Almost every single lawn in the 3 or 4 streets around me have the same patchy spots that we have. We increased our watering for one month with no improvement, so we are back to normal watering times now. Just had Joe Tucker come and evaluate the irrigation system and that doesn't seem to be the issue. Dean's does our lawn care and they say it is because of the "hot and dry conditions". Sound familiar??!
Closed Thread

Tags
lawn, heat, company, told, extreme