Lawn Sprinkler Help Needed

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2011, 10:20 AM
Gold member
Smile Lawn Sprinkler Help Needed

Heading to you guys once again for your help. Still in NJ and have been notified by house watcher that there seems to be a problem with the irrigation system and the timer setup. He thinks it may have a bad module as he's tried to reset it according to the manual and it still comes on at different times. There's no info on who to contact to get them to come out and check it. We have a new Camelia in Pennecamp if that info helps and would appreciate the name and telephone # of the company that installed the system. Thanks in advance for any help.
Skip 2
Old 02-25-2011, 10:41 AM
Default Irrigation guy

I have use Bill Tenney @ 750-2948 he lives in the Villages and he is very fair on price, and does everything.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdills View Post
I have use Bill Tenney @ 750-2948 he lives in the Villages and he is very fair on price, and does everything.
Thanks Mr. Dill but I'm looking for the original company who installed the system. The one that comes to the house and gives you the 5 min. "how to" on the entire system. I would hope that this would be an warranty issue with that company based on the 8 months of being installed.
Skip 2
Old 02-25-2011, 11:11 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Call TV Home Warranty (your house watcher, unless a friend) should have the number. It more than like is Tri-County, but not necessarily. Anyway, TV Home Warranty will have the name and contact number for all of your subs.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-25-2011, 11:22 AM
Default Sprinkler Timer

In order to"Reboot"your sprinkler timer you must unplug the timer from the 110 v outlet and remove the 9 v battery,let it set for a short time and then replace the battery and plug the timer back in.This process will clear the memory,you may then reprogram the timer according to the instructions printed on the cover.Hope this helps.(PS. the key is to disconnect the battery as its reason for being there is to retain the memory in a power outage)
Old 02-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Problem

If you call the Warr. dept and give them your lot and unit # they can tell you who installed the unit for you. 352-753-6222
Old 02-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Gold member
Default Thanks Gang

Once again you've come thru with the answers needed. That's what makes this site and The Villages both great places to be associated with
Skip 2
Old 04-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Question Sprinkler System Advice please

We had our system set, or so we thought, to run once a week (Thursday) at 10:45 pm for 15 minutes. Received our Amenities plus bill and it was $310.70, which includes water/sewer/trash/irrigation/taxes/amenities. Was wondering if this seems reasonable for a 4 week or approximately 30 day cycle, March 3 -- Apr 4? Thank you.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou and Carolyn C. View Post
We had our system set, or so we thought, to run once a week (Thursday) at 10:45 pm for 15 minutes. Received our Amenities plus bill and it was $310.70, which includes water/sewer/trash/irrigation/taxes/amenities. Was wondering if this seems reasonable for a 4 week or approximately 30 day cycle, March 3 -- Apr 4? Thank you.
How much was irrigation water?
Old 04-14-2011, 01:37 PM

I don't actually have the bill yet, I access the Community Development District website through thevillages.net, and click on New Pay Utility Bill, from there I can see our amount due but nothing else, it's not broken down like our paper bill, which gives water/sewer/resid. irrg base cost. So I won't know the exact amount until I receive our paper bill in a couple of days or so.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member

What size lot (grass) are you watering and how many watering stations do you have..makes a difference. A Designer can have say 6-7 stations were a ranch may only have 4.

I also believe the sprinker adjustment period after a homeowner moves in is only 30 days. The warranty on the control unit may be more. Also new homeowners are reminded and encouraged to call the sprinkler company immediately after closing to learn about the system and to make adjustments...did you do that?
Old 04-14-2011, 02:50 PM

We have a very small lot which consists of 4 stations. We did have the Sprinkler folks come out and show us the operation of the system. That doesn't mean we set it the right way, there was a lot of information to absorb during our orientation, so we probably need to go back and read all the pertinent guidelines, etc.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:17 PM
Default 30 Day Warranty

I had a sprinkler problem and called the warranty department. Was told it was past the 30 day warranty. I called another company and got it fixed.

From Liberty, MO
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.