lawn treatment companies

Closed Thread
Old 06-08-2011, 10:45 AM
Default lawn treatment companies

Our contract with a company to fertilize, do herbicides, and pesticides has expired. They were ok but our lawn isn't any better than when we moved in last Aug. We would love any input on "the good, the bad, and the ugly." I'm not sure that the big guys are any better than the small independents, except they might charge more. Thanks
Old 06-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfield View Post
Our contract with a company to fertilize, do herbicides, and pesticides has expired. They were ok but our lawn isn't any better than when we moved in last Aug. We would love any input on "the good, the bad, and the ugly." I'm not sure that the big guys are any better than the small independents, except they might charge more. Thanks
We took the best plan with "Once a Year" and won the award for the worst lawn on our block Neighbors are using Fertigator so we've moved on and will hope for better results.
Skip 2
Old 06-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip2MySue View Post
We took the best plan with "Once a Year" and won the award for the worst lawn on our block Neighbors are using Fertigator so we've moved on and will hope for better results.
Skip 2
We used "Once A Year" and were happy up until about last July. That's when the lawn started to die. "Once A Year" was unable to pull it back to anything that looked like a healthy lawn. By the time we arrived in November it looked like the area around Chernobyl. They promised to replace it and as of June 1st they hadn't kept their promise. We fired "Once A Year." I paid someone else to replace it a few days later. Beware - the owner of "Once A Year" also owns "Service Smart." Four days after I fired "Once A Year," Service Smart" tried to sell me a contract. "Hablar de las bolas!"

Xavier

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.