Lawn Weeds Questions

Closed Thread
Old 12-20-2022, 08:40 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,566 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeltry View Post
Im glad you like True Green. After paying money up front I fired that company because they never showed up but always sent me a text stating they treated the lawn.
I had the same experience with True Green.
Old 12-20-2022, 11:35 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,730 Times in 738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf0151 View Post
I just had this same issue with the weeds you are showing in your photo. I used Spectracide Weed stop for lawns "with Atrazine". I bought it at Ace Hardware. Easy to use as you hook the spray bottle on your garden hose and apply. After application, do not water or mow for at least 5-7 days to let this product work its magic. NO MORE WEEDS, perfect. Do it now as it looks like no rain for several days.
Waiting for your lawn service company is like waiting for the government to take care of all your needs. I have found that most of these lawn service companies are in good at one thing, taking your money.
Ditto, ditto, and HOORAY, such good advice ! We use the EXACT same solution (ready mixed, hose attached, Spectricide for St. Augustine and other "centipede" grasses), and it works great, lawn always looks great and we only use it about twice a year, three times at the most. If a single weed pops up in between (rarely), we just spray it with the same product in the gallon size that has an attached hand spray. Have used on ALL the weeds you pictured with EXCELLENT success, about $12 and takes about 8 minutes (maybe 15 if you have a VERY large lawn on all four sides of your home), and the best part, you can spend the $12 when needed, not get into a "contract" that may cost hundreds per year. Unfortunately, part time residents probably have no choice but to "trust" a service to keep the lawn up ! Unless you have a VERY nice neighbor who already sprays his/her own and would be kind enough to spray yours at the same time... for a nice meal at Bone Fish or Chop House, or similar...LOL !
Old 12-21-2022, 12:26 AM

I buy my bifenthrin (insecticide/termiticide) and Atrazine (weeds) from domyown.com. All you need is a sprayer and a bit of time to do everything yourself.

Southern Ag Atrazine Weed Killer for St. Augustine Grass

Bifen IT | Bifenthrin 7.9% Insecticide | Fast, Free Shipping
Old 12-21-2022, 08:01 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,296 Times in 557 Posts

ATRAZINE, apply Fall & Spring …. Never during Hot Temperatures !
( Farmers also use it to treat weed growth in the fields ) safe on St Augustine FYI , it’s what all the Lawn services use….
Old 12-21-2022, 08:50 AM

FYI, works/worked great on Zoysia grass also.
Closed Thread

Tags
service, weeds, lawn, question, months

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.