Lawncare Providers & New Technology(?)

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2018, 11:25 AM
Default Lawncare Providers & New Technology(?)

We purchased an existing home in Sept 2017. However we are not fulltime residents and do not rent it out. We just want to be good neighbors and are willing to do whatever it takes to make this little home an asset to the neighborhood.

It was obvious at the first visit (before purchasing) the lawn, etc. needed improvement. I found who the exisiting lawncare provider is and was informed the previous owners just wanted basic service; cut, weed. The company has great reviews on TOTV. Upon completeion of the sale I offered that company the opportunity to show me what they could do and agreed to a pay as we go plan of full services. We arrived last evening, still light out, and are disgusted and embarrassed. The place looks horrible. At $158 per month I expected more. My neighbors aren't at their fullest, best appearance yet but they certainly look better then ours.

Fortunately, new landscape begins tomorrow. Should be done by weeks end.

In the meantime I need to find new lawncare service. While thinking of this I would like to find some company that is taking advantage of technology. How simple it would be to have the crew take a few pictures after they completed their service and send it to the client on the day of service? IT SHOULD BE A NO BRAINER!

Does anyone know of such a company?
Old 03-11-2018, 11:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphM View Post
We purchased an existing home in Sept 2017. However we are not fulltime residents and do not rent it out. We just want to be good neighbors and are willing to do whatever it takes to make this little home an asset to the neighborhood.

It was obvious at the first visit (before purchasing) the lawn, etc. needed improvement. I found who the exisiting lawncare provider is and was informed the previous owners just wanted basic service; cut, weed. The company has great reviews on TOTV. Upon completeion of the sale I offered that company the opportunity to show me what they could do and agreed to a pay as we go plan of full services. We arrived last evening, still light out, and are disgusted and embarrassed. The place looks horrible. At $158 per month I expected more. My neighbors aren't at their fullest, best appearance yet but they certainly look better then ours.

Fortunately, new landscape begins tomorrow. Should be done by weeks end.

In the meantime I need to find new lawncare service. While thinking of this I would like to find some company that is taking advantage of technology. How simple it would be to have the crew take a few pictures after they completed their service and send it to the client on the day of service? IT SHOULD BE A NO BRAINER!

Does anyone know of such a company?
I've not heard of any lawn companies taking photos after a cut. If you are not full time residents, you might be better served hiring a home watch company. This way, a weekly or biweekly visit can alert you to the status of your yard, in addition to your house. A home watch company will also periodically check your sprinkler heads. Sprinkler heads do get out of adjustment from time to time, as well as getting knocked off/broken by mowers and edgers.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphM View Post
I found who the exisiting lawncare provider is and was informed the previous owners just wanted basic service; cut, weed. We arrived last evening, still light out, and are disgusted and embarrassed. The place looks horrible. At $158 per month I expected more.
It would be helpful to know ... who was the "existing" lawn care company?
Old 03-11-2018, 12:29 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Only so much a lawn care company can do without sprinkler control access. If the only issue was brown lawn, then not their fault. If weeds in lawn, etc, their fault. If trimming issue, then probably just timing issue. As to getting company to send pix, I’d say not even fair to ask. They try to do a lawn as quickly as possible, pix would have to be forwarded to puter operator before emailing, most crew would “forget” anyway.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-11-2018, 01:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Talk to your neighbors. I have sent pictures of my neighbors lawn when it is not being taken care of, as he and I agreed.
BTW he has homewatch.....
Old 03-11-2018, 03:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Talk to your neighbors. I have sent pictures of my neighbors lawn when it is not being taken care of, as he and I agreed. BTW he has homewatch.....
I periodically ask our Homewatch Company specific questions:
"How does our lawn look? Are the shrubs being trimmed? Are the beds being weeded?"
Old 03-11-2018, 06:00 PM

Thank you!
Old 04-13-2018, 03:54 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,347 Times in 735 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
I've not heard of any lawn companies taking photos after a cut. If you are not full time residents, you might be better served hiring a home watch company. This way, a weekly or biweekly visit can alert you to the status of your yard, in addition to your house. A home watch company will also periodically check your sprinkler heads. Sprinkler heads do get out of adjustment from time to time, as well as getting knocked off/broken by mowers and edgers.
No pics, really? I get them all the time. Of course he is a one man operator, when dealing with him I am talking to the CEO and the guy who cuts the lawn. Marshall Hickox, Lawn Star, 352.603.0887

Last edited by Toymeister; 04-13-2018 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:00 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,347 Times in 735 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Only so much a lawn care company can do without sprinkler control access..
My guy has told me when the lawn needs more water and I remotely change the watering times. Now that is using modern technology to solve the problem. Now I could give him or you the ability to change my irrigation remotely but why would I. After all I own the place and I care more than anyone about the lawn and the irrigation schedule.
Closed Thread

Tags
company, service, lawncare, find, neighbors

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.