Leaking Spa

Closed Thread
Old 12-13-2021, 12:38 PM
Default Leaking Spa

Having a problem with my Spa. Had ACE Leak detection here and they said 2 of the jets are leaking. Problem as gotten worse. It's a spa that sits above ground, but has concrete deck surrounding it. I'm pretty sure they have to jack hammer the concrete to get to the jets for replacement.

Has anyone had this type of repair? Wondering who the reputable Spa/Pool repair people are, and how much something like this may cost?
Old 12-13-2021, 12:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Our plan for when/if our hot tub springs a leak?
Fill with potting soil and make very large "inside birdcage" planter!
Old 12-13-2021, 08:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,005 Times in 2,199 Posts

OP, if your spa is below grade in a concrete pit, you will NOT need to bust up the concrete, you will however need to have the spa completely drained, and then raised out of the pit. Once this is done the side can be removed and hopefully the leak repaired. IMHO, I would contact the manufacturer, and see if they have a procedure for fixing this type of leak once the water has been drained (before removal) as this would easily be the lowest cost. Without actually seeing your spa, I cannot make any suggestions for possible repairs. Finally, if your spa is several years old (over 10?) it might be better to get a new one. Also, I suggested this on another thread, you can put some food coloring in the spa water, and you might be able to see exactly where the water is leaking, this may help with the repair.

Tags
spa, leaking, repair, concrete, jets

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.