Looking for Landscaper

Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2020, 06:07 PM
Default Looking for Landscaper

Just moved into the Monarch Grove section of The Villages.

Looking to obtain quotes for landscaping with a trim style that is molded with a machine. Not sure of the proper term.

Any recommendations? Thanks
Old 06-04-2020, 08:36 AM
Default Landscaper solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanksjr View Post

Looking to obtain quotes for landscaping with a trim style that is molded with a machine. Not sure of the proper term.

It is called "Curbing" and, as I understand it, Curb-it Company, Inc. is THE company in The Villages. 352-821-4800. They did an excellent job for us last week and, when the torrential rain hit and damaged their work, they said "we'll remove the mess and redo it, no charge".

Pretty darn good, in my book!
Old 06-06-2020, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanksjr View Post

Most landscapers subcontract the curbing that you are wanting. Scott Kerner Landscape just completed our landscaping this week. He used Curb-It for the curbing and it looks wonderful. We have the stacked wall in front and curbing for the remaining area all the way around the house.
Old 06-06-2020, 06:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

OP, be sure to submit your landscaping plans to ARC for approval before you start any work, IMHO do NOT rely on the contractor to do this, I did one time and got burned.
Old 06-12-2020, 10:29 AM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
OP, be sure to submit your landscaping plans to ARC for approval before you start any work, IMHO do NOT rely on the contractor to do this, I did one time and got burned.
Exactly!

We're having ours done and so far the 3 bids we've received not one offered to submit plans to ARC on our behalf and ALL 3 said you don't need it, we know the regulations!

Yup, so do I.

Simply put, submit your application and 99.99% of time it'll get approved for all basic yard transformations. Then when you get called in to ARC, they'll look you up, see your approval then close that complaint.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.