Mansfield Landscaping???

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Default Mansfield Landscaping???

Can anyone give me info on their experience on Mansfield Landscaping, LLC? They're located in Yalaha.We're getting estimates for some Landscape work.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:45 AM
Default Mansfield Landscaping

Steve Mansfield and his crew did our landscaping in 2010. If was very well done and he has backed up his work.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Gold member

We went to his place in Yahala and he was so rude that we walked out. His other staff member we talked with first was very nice and helpful. When he entered the picture and was rude that was the last we wanted to deal with him. We ended up using Ron's Landscaping. He lives in The Villages and did a very nice job for us last year.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 04-06-2011, 12:17 PM

We went there and spoke with a very nice young man. Then the "owner" came over, took us into his little shack, showed us albums and discussed a few scenarios. The entire time, he would not look us in the face and would not give any eye contact. I just had a very uneasy feeling about him.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:21 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

The April issue of the VHA newsletter, The Villages Voice, has a great article from Seniors Vs Crime on how to deal with landscapers. It is well worth a look. You can find it on their web site at http://www.thevha.net/. Once on their home page, simnply click on the link across the top of the screen to The Villages Voice and select the April 2011 issue to find the SVC article called "Don't Get Cleaned Out By Spring Cleanup".
Old 04-07-2011, 06:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
The April issue of the VHA newsletter, The Villages Voice, has a great article from Seniors Vs Crime on how to deal with landscapers. It is well worth a look. You can find it on their web site at http://www.thevha.net/. Once on their home page, simnply click on the link across the top of the screen to The Villages Voice and select the April 2011 issue to find the SVC article called "Don't Get Cleaned Out By Spring Cleanup".
Here's a direct link to the article:

http://www.thevha.net/the-villages-v...29&article=653

Bill
Old 04-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Default I've Had Good Experience With Mansfield

Mansfield did landscaping for us in 2009. He provided all the plants that we had agreed on and did the work in a timely manner. We didn't pay him anything until all the work was done. A severe thunderstorm a couple of weeks ago, toppled one trunk of a double queen palm. Steve Mansfield came out to look at the situation and after determining that it could not be replanted, removed the tree from our property at no cost to us. I would not hesitate to use Mansfield again.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikitv View Post
We went to his place in Yahala and he was so rude that we walked out. His other staff member we talked with first was very nice and helpful. When he entered the picture and was rude that was the last we wanted to deal with him. We ended up using Ron's Landscaping. He lives in The Villages and did a very nice job for us last year.
He came to my house & was very rude!!
Old 04-12-2011, 05:21 AM
Veteran member

Let's face it. Some business owners are just not "people" persons i.e. they lack the proper personality to deal with the public. But if they do good work, the business may thrive in spite of that. It sounds like Villagers have had good luck with Mansfield's work.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:15 PM

Would not recommend. Does not honor warranty. Poor business manners.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:00 AM
Unhappy Mansfield

Thumbs down on Mansfield. Steve (owner) was extremely rude to my mom (Villages resident), rushed the job, provided little assistance on planning, and just focused on getting in and out as quickly as possible. Not a pleasant experience and would not use his service again.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Veteran member
Thumbs up Two Thumbs Up!

Mansfield Landscaping just did some work at our house.

Have to say we are very pleased. Although the owner, Steve, can be a bit gruff at times he did a beautiful job in a timely manner. His employees were polite, worked very hard and efficiently and cleaned everything up when the job was finished. And as stated before he didn't take any money in advance. Brought extra plants and took back what we didn't need.

And as an extra bonus when he found out I was working on Relay for Life he donated a $100.00!
Old 11-07-2011, 04:02 PM

Rude and verbally abusive, especially when we told him we wanted to do our landscaping in the Spring. Beware. We never received the plant or the lunch that is promised in his ad. WHen he gave us the price he said no negotiation. The ad said 15% off. He would not itemize until he gets the job.
Bad guy, find somebody else. We had a very bad experience with him.

Old 11-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Default Mansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
Can anyone give me info on their experience on Mansfield Landscaping, LLC? They're located in Yalaha.We're getting estimates for some Landscape work.
Bad guy. Verbally abusive, did not honor his advertised gift for visiting his nursery. Would not itemize an estimate until he gets the job. Price was higher than any other quote we had received. Find somebody else. You will be much happier and better off.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:17 PM

I agree with the above. The young man that we spoke with was very nice and when the owner came on the scene he was extremely rude. I couldn't do business with someone
like him. If he is rude before he gets your money what will he be like if you have a problem.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.