Massey has not cut my grass for 3 weeks

Closed Thread
Old 09-16-2021, 04:59 PM

We dropped Massey about 18 months ago because of extremely poor service. Even after MANY calls and MANY Massey promises that they would fix the problem, they did not get it done. Gave them a little over a year to get their issues corrected. Our lawn became a total mess in the year. Changed to Deans! They were more expensive but I am EXTREMELY please. They brought our lawn back and it always looks good now. Like someone else mentioned, they respond to questions usually by sending someone to see what you are asking about first hand. If there is a problem, they treat immediately to correct the problem. Would definitely recommend.
Old 09-16-2021, 08:29 PM
Default Lawn service

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmac321 View Post
Can anyone recommend a good, reliable mowing company?
Micheal O'Rourke @ 352-812-2254 . He does a great job.
Old 09-16-2021, 09:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I really like to help people who are jacked up as far as finding a good lawn service or being helpful with other things. Several years ago in a similar post, many people praised a certain company. They were absolutely flawless. They did as good of a job as if you did it yourself. Well, our praise really worked. Many people signed up with the new company that we all had promoted and whatdoyouknow? These people praised us for the tip and the new customer praised the company and well, the company turned to compost. They missed several weeks in a row. They double billed/ The faces of the lawn maintenance engineers changed constantly. No disrespect intended. I really do mean that but not in a mean way. Find your own company. Our company is very good and it will be a secret unless you are a family member and then I'll only tell you if I like ya!
Old 09-17-2021, 05:14 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,301 Times in 559 Posts

Ever get that grass cut or are you still waiting? A follow-up would be nice
Old 09-18-2021, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmac321 View Post
Can anyone recommend a good, reliable mowing company?
If you want top quality, call Colonial Landscape. 352-804-0787. We used to use Massey but they never showed up. I’d rather pay more for better service than pay someone cheap with a homeowner mower.
Old 09-19-2021, 11:28 AM

Why was this thread even started????? Call Massey first and ask them!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2021, 11:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynsol View Post
Why was this thread even started????? Call Massey first and ask them!!!!!!
Why didn't I think of that? Oh yeah, I did. I called them on Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday just to be put on hold each time for over an hour. No lawn cutting. Termite Control. They are now Dead To Me!
Are they cooked? I hope not. They take care of a lot of our neighbors flawlessly.
Old 09-19-2021, 01:03 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,307 Times in 541 Posts
Default Low wages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koapaka View Post
Gotta wonder if maybe Massey should not be putting more of their advertising dollars (full page ad in todays paper, just received a mailer today from them addressed to "Current Owner") into an operations manager that ensures they are meeting the needs of current residents and keeping them vs trying to find new business....
Hard to find help especially if you don’t pay a competitive wage. 1st Rate Lawn service. 352-530-2482. They have done an excellent job for the last six years. Not sure if they are currently taking new customers.
Old 09-20-2021, 01:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Why didn't I think of that? Oh yeah, I did. I called them on Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday just to be put on hold each time for over an hour. No lawn cutting. Termite Control. They are now Dead To Me!
Are they cooked? I hope not. They take care of a lot of our neighbors flawlessly.
Why did you not say that up front?????
Closed Thread

Tags
massey, mowing, reliable, good, recommend

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.