McGowans Landscaping

Closed Thread
Old 10-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Sage
Default McGowans Landscaping

I just got back from Pa and listened to my phone messages. Sabrina said she has a great special running on palms. Has anyone heard what she has on special?
Old 10-08-2008, 07:56 AM
Platinum member

Unsure of her specials but I saw the work she did at our neighbors. All I can say is WOW and no restaking of anything. We will use her upon permanent arrival.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna
Smile

I recently got a quote from her, and she was the most expensive out of the other four I called..She was doing less work!

We will call her when we get to TV to discuss in person what her plans are..Could be a miscommunication!

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 10-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Sage

I have an area I want redone so I just called Sabrina. Her special is buy 2 queens get one free. The price is 225.00. The trees are 13-20' tall. she also has big robellinis. This price is delivered and installed.
Donna, I mentioned to her your complaint about price. She will sit down with you and show you why her price is different. Is it apples for apples? She has always done right by me. I'm Scottish and I shop. She has done both my homes here in TV.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:49 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhass View Post
I have an area I want redone so I just called Sabrina. Her special is buy 2 queens get one free. The price is 225.00. The trees are 13-20' tall. she also has big robellinis. This price is delivered and installed.
Donna, I mentioned to her your complaint about price. She will sit down with you and show you why her price is different. Is it apples for apples? She has always done right by me. I'm Scottish and I shop. She has done both my homes here in TV.
Sam..Thanks for mentioning this to her..I do plan on calling her when I get there, so we can discuss her estimate..
I will also show her the other estimates and see why she is so off base..Yes, they are apples for apples..lol
See you soon..

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 10-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,647 Times in 589 Posts

Does McGowens have a nursery where you can pick out your trees/plants?
Old 10-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Platinum member

My neighbors raved about Sabrina. She did a small staking job for me after Fay's wind and rain and was most reasonable.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Sage

Does any have the contact information for her... I need my flower bed totally redone and need estimates.

Thanks
Old 10-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Location: Augusta, GA, West Germany, France, Aurora, Colorado, Lexington, Virginia, Cooper City, FL, Villages
Default Interested, too

[QUOTE=cologal;166295]Does any have the contact information for her... I need my flower bed totally redone and need estimates.

I'd appreciate Sabrina's number or can I reach her at McGowan's nursery?

Thx
Old 10-22-2008, 10:45 PM
Dancing Thyme

McGowan is an advertiser of TOTV, so if you look at the left hand side of the front page of TOTV and scroll down you will see McGowan's ad. Their number is on there. Hope this help.

She's done a few houses here in Hadley, I'm still looking at all of them cause they are all so similar, I'm wondering who is truly creative in their thinking, its easy to just follow what the last guy did.

My next door neighbor just had her whole place landscaped, and the workers planted the most beautifully looking expensive palm tree and it died less than a week later. Scary, huh!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 10-23-2008, 06:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Landscaping is hard for me to conceptualize for some reason. I mean that I see someone's yard and I think it is beautiful, but can't figure out the components that make it beautiful. I don't have so much trouble with things I don't like in landscaping.

I am a decent observer of an indoor set up, can see the color balance and furniture placement and placement of accessories.

It is further more difficult in TV where things are different, and even mulches look different than up north. In Ohio I wouldn't consider curbing around a bed or orange-brown mulch, but some of it looks nice in Florida. I like a big palm tree that I have seen placed, but I don't know what its name is. Charlotte? Bertha? Jeannie?

I still haven't been brain washed into the painting of the driveway or surgery clean garages.

What do you people who speak Arborese or whatever think make a Villages yard lovely? Speak to me botany breath!

(And Nonie and Kathie don't start about the Tschotkes or whatever you Easterners call them)

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-23-2008 at 06:57 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:26 AM
Location: Augusta, GA, West Germany, France, Aurora, Colorado, Lexington, Virginia, Cooper City, FL, Villages

Thank you, Ma'am, for your fast, informative reply....
Old 10-23-2008, 09:28 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Craven View Post
Thank you, Ma'am, for your fast, informative reply....
Your welcome, Sonny... anytime. That's why TOTV is the best!!

Gracie, sorry to say, but my ex- is the best landscape designer I've ever met, so he's gonna help me design mine. Nice guy, huh. I've been taking tons of pictures to send to him so he can plan it out.

BTW, None and I are impressed with your NEWYOWKEEZ and your grasp of Yiddish colloquialism!! Good job!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 10-23-2008, 09:44 AM
Gold member

FYI: KathieI

Sorry to hear your neighbor lost her palm.....I had a similar experience but my landscaper replaced the palm...no cost to me. It had developed a fungus. Also they need to be watered daily for a month after they are planted in your landscape...fussy in the beginning but the effort is worth the trouble.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.