Need humane rabbit removal

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2018, 12:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I hope you find a peanut butter-loving bunny soon!
Old 03-11-2018, 05:08 AM
Veteran member

Ace hardware, I think Home Depot and Lowes too.
Old 03-11-2018, 05:50 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Rabbit eating everything is sight in my CYV. Need someone to trap and remove.
Sounds like a hare razing experience in the offing!!

Last edited by SFSkol; 03-11-2018 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Spell'in
Old 03-11-2018, 07:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Current catch = 1 "possum" , 2 squirrels, 0 " Wabbits" . Just lent Havaheart to next door neighbor who has a boroughing something in his yard. - As of 8am-- no joy!!!
Old 03-11-2018, 10:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Current catch = 1 "possum" , 2 squirrels, 0 " Wabbits" . Just lent Havaheart to next door neighbor who has a boroughing something in his yard. - As of 8am-- no joy!!!
I think it is the hunter-gatherer thing kicking in.

I am of the belief that there are many, many, many, more out there....and your project is doomed.

You are such a nice fellow. Don't be stressed.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:47 AM

Was eating my new holly's but not remaining bushes or older holly's; tried both liquid and granular Deer & Rabbit repellent;don't waste your money as neither worked almost like it helped them find the new bushes;finally got 2ft high GREEN chicken fence at Home Depot and using tomato stakes (already had) to put around new 7 holly's until they get larger also looks nice as it fits into landscape;no more chewing. A small Hawk did get on last week and started eating it but couldn't carry it off so ended up putting in the garbage. We took all their land so now they only have flowers and bushes to eat. I might look at getting a trap like I used to catch possum and armadillos in Pensacola.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:36 AM

Our pup happened to get a rabbit in our courtyard. That upset me, but again it's nature. We tried rabbit repellent which didn't help much. Ultimately ended up putting some chicken wire around some new landscape to let it mature without being eaten. That really helped. Honestly, we are over-run with them and may ultimately have to trap and release.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:57 AM

Go to Rural King and buy yourself a hav a heart trap and catch it yourself, take it out in the country and let it loose
Old 03-12-2018, 09:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Rabbit eating everything is sight in my CYV. Need someone to trap and remove. Expect to pay a fee

Help!!!

An ideas or names --PM please
Being an old rabbit hunter, rabbits aren't easy to get rid of, even if you get rid of the couple you have. You heard of the old saying, "They breed like rabbits", well get rid of the ones you have now will fix it for a little while but they'll be others replacing the ones you got rid of. They're are things you can buy to keep them away but I'm not real sure if they really work. To hire someone to do something will be an ongoing expense, because that's how these guys make a living, once you hire them they'll hound you for a long time & I'm sure it's not cheap. Back home my way of getting rid of critters is a pellet gun. I know most people don't want to hear that.
Closed Thread

Tags
rabbit, trap, remove, pay, fee

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.