Need humane rabbit removal

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2018, 04:07 PM
Gold member

Watch where it goes. There might be a nest somewhere she returns to.
I've heard rabbits like to multiply.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:30 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Maybe>>>>
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	185
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	74088  
Old 02-19-2018, 04:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
Maybe>>>>
!!!
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	1280-611163-elmer-fudd-quotes.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	74089  
Old 02-19-2018, 05:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

If I were you I would get in touch with Paper1. His wife removes snakes from the lanai with a broom. Maybe she could bring the next snake she finds over to your house.

I think you should give it some thought, trying to get rid of those bunnies at this time of year.

You realize they are the ones that fill the Easter baskets, don't you?
Old 02-19-2018, 06:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
If I were you I would get in touch with Paper1. His wife removes snakes from the lanai with a broom. Maybe she could bring the next snake she finds over to your house.

I think you should give it some thought, trying to get rid of those bunnies at this time of year.

You realize they are the ones that fill the Easter baskets, don't you?
OMG this thread is getting political . I love Easter Eggs, What was I thinking.. Peter I am so sorry!!!
Old 02-19-2018, 08:20 PM
Sage

Are you sure it is a rabbit doing the eating? For us the squirrels were eating everything in our garden.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:16 PM
Veteran member

If you find the rabbits nest and put a few moth balls around it will leave your yard and look for greener pastures. I really doubt any trapper will let the bunny go in a nice field somewhere.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,077 Times in 2,744 Posts

Try getting a have-a-heart trap sized appropriately for a rabbit. I have caught many critters in these traps over the years. It has a bait tray in the middle and when the critter touches the tray the doors close and traps it inside the cage. The only problem with a trap like this is that you have to have a place to then bring the trap and open the door so the critter can run free. Bring the critter someplace about a mile or more from your home, so it won't find its way back, and let it go near someplace with some wooded area so it will hopefully find a nice new home. Very humane and problem solved. Unless you catch a skunk, then things get stinky real fast.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Try getting a have-a-heart trap sized appropriately for a rabbit. I have caught many critters in these traps over the years. It has a bait tray in the middle and when the critter touches the tray the doors close and traps it inside the cage. The only problem with a trap like this is that you have to have a place to then bring the trap and open the door so the critter can run free. Bring the critter someplace about a mile or more from your home, so it won't find its way back, and let it go near someplace with some wooded area so it will hopefully find a nice new home. Very humane and problem solved. Unless you catch a skunk, then things get stinky real fast.
Where might I find a "have a heart " trap?
Old 02-20-2018, 08:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Once and if when you capture Bugs bunny then what ?

Fla Law

Native nuisance wildlife may be released on the property of the landowner where captured provided the release site and capture site are located on one contiguous piece of property. Native nuisance wildlife may be released off the capture site if the release site is a minimum of 40 contiguous acres, located in the same county as the capture site, and the person releasing the nuisance wildlife has in their possession written permission from the landowner of the release site allowing release on their property. Nuisance wildlife may not be released on federal, state, county, local or private lands without written permission of the landowner.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Once and if when you capture Bugs bunny then what ?

Fla Law

Native nuisance wildlife may be released on the property of the landowner where captured provided the release site and capture site are located on one contiguous piece of property. Native nuisance wildlife may be released off the capture site if the release site is a minimum of 40 contiguous acres, located in the same county as the capture site, and the person releasing the nuisance wildlife has in their possession written permission from the landowner of the release site allowing release on their property. Nuisance wildlife may not be released on federal, state, county, local or private lands without written permission of the landowner.
Bugs can come join the other bunny in our yard. We don't have much beautiful landscaping to be ruined.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:43 AM
Gold member
Default Re: Have a heart trap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Should not be at all hard to find. Look it up on the internet.

Someone said the rabbit is as big as a cat. First of all you will need a larger than normal for catching a rabbit. I'm not expert but a rabbit as large as a cat, I would expect is someones escaped pet, or raised for food.

Realize, a have a heart trap is not selective. So you could easily end up capturing a cat a rat or?????? The good news is you will have a caged wild animal in the trap. The bad news is YOU need to open that trap to let this now panicked WILD animal loose.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Awww c'mon doc.

Easter Bunny Animated GIFs - Bing
Old 02-20-2018, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,077 Times in 2,744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Go to Amazon and type in "havaheart rabbit trap" in the search bar. Releasing a trapped critter is easy, just open the door from behind the trap and watch it run free. Unless it's a skunk, then you have a problem. Good luck.
Old 02-20-2018, 02:49 PM
Sage

I thought at one time either debfrommaine or lovinganimals had a trap to use for feral cat TNR in the villages.

Tags
rabbit, trap, remove, pay, fee

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.