Need recommendation for good Weed Block Fabric

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2020, 11:37 AM
Default Need recommendation for good Weed Block Fabric

In need of a recommendation for professional-grade weed block fabric. We've used several different fabrics in the past that didn't really work---weeds always found their way up through the fabric. Suggestions will be appreciated--
Old 02-10-2020, 02:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Holy Water because you need a Miracle for the Weeds to not grow thru anything you can thrown at them.

Even Double and tripling layers of Wee Block over the old layer or layers just doesn't work. The High test Vinegar worked for a bit but not long.

We may have a new solution but have not had enough time to test it during the Prime Growing Season. I'll get back to you if it works. I think it be successful.

If you find something that works long term let us know. I used the best blocker I could find from Amazon & Home Depot. No luck!
Old 02-10-2020, 06:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

IMHO, the weeds are NOT coming up through the fabric, they are growing on TOP of the fabric. Every weed I have pulled was growing down into the fabric, and these pull out very easily. If the weeds were coming up from below (like some of the grass) they are much harder to pull out since the major root is below the fabric, just my observation. I would suggest a good high quality weed prevention followed up with spot application of weed killer.

Tags
fabric, recommendation, block, weed, suggestions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.