Need a Recommendation for Liquid Fertilizer Sprayer

Closed Thread
Old 07-18-2019, 10:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Need a Recommendation for Liquid Fertilizer Sprayer

Has anyone found a liquid fertilizer sprayer that they would recommend? I have tried several and most of them leak really badly and the fertilizer gets on me not the plant.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-18-2019, 12:09 PM

Don't buy a sprayer designed to spray a specific brand-name fertilizer.
Most of them attach to a hose and either aren't very good or simply don't hold up well under much use.

Buy a regular sprayer designed to spray anything -- fertilizers, insecticides, etc., and mix your fertilizer in the spray container, according to directions.
Make sure you rinse the container after using it and let it dry.
Scott's makes a good sprayer but there are many other good, reliable ones, too.

If you just want to do a small amount of spraying, use a handheld one with a spray/squirt nozzle.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:19 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,335 Times in 729 Posts

If you mean a hand pump sprayer I recommend this one, stainless, with spare seals included. Vastly better than plastic 20.00 units. Comes in various sizes.
https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Ste.../dp/B00PKSGN2G
Old 07-18-2019, 01:52 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

Search Hozon Siphon Mixer. I have been using these since the 1970's, you attach it to your faucet, then attach your hose, put your product in a bucket next to the faucet with the siphon tube in it and the siphon action starts as soon as you turn on the hose, you can use it for anything you want to spray. Look it up, cost is around $20.00 now.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,952 Times in 1,706 Posts

I’ve had good luck with Gardenia products including sprayers. They seem not to leak.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:24 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Has anyone found a liquid fertilizer sprayer that they would recommend? I have tried several and most of them leak really badly and the fertilizer gets on me not the plant.
I have used a Scott’s premixed fertilizer in the past. The sprayer was unreliable to the point where I just put the fertilizer into another “all-purpose” sprayer.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts
Default Clarify your question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post

There are many products that would fit your inquiry. First of all what are you applying the fertilizer to? One plant a few bulbs, a regular watering can, they are about 2 gallons. Inexpensive and work just fine. A hose end sprayer will cover far more area. I have one, I think they are still made. It has a metal pistol grip
water nozzle hooked to a typical tank. The tank holds straight chemical and you can adjust the mixture strength in teaspoons or tablespoons. The major advantage is that when you let go of the nozzel trigger the water flow stops so you are not washing chemicals off. Also, since you do not mix the solution with water you can simply pour the concentrate back into the original bottle. There are also the pump sprayers that hold about two gallons. There are more professional back pack sprayers. There are motorized sprayers. Not common any longer but they are still made a trombone sprayer, a good one, will cover a tree up to 40-50 feet high.

I rarely use liquid fertilizers. Reason is simple it is water soluble
so it washes away in the rain. The instructions will say use every two weeks-some say every week. Over application will and does burn the roots.
Closed Thread

Tags
fertilizer, liquid, sprayer, leak, plant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.