Need reliable lawn service

Closed Thread
Old 05-31-2011, 03:09 PM
Smile Need reliable lawn service

We are moving in a week and are looking for a lawn service that is reliable and does quality work. I hate paying a service and then spending hours weeding becuase they don't do a good job. Advice greatly appreciated.
Larry
Old 05-31-2011, 03:15 PM
Thumbs up

Try Smitty Etc. I use him on several properties and clients properties and he does a great job. He is a young man with a great work ethic. His phone number is 561-1999.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:31 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznerm View Post
We are moving in a week and are looking for a lawn service that is reliable and does quality work. I hate paying a service and then spending hours weeding becuase they don't do a good job. Advice greatly appreciated.
Larry
You might want to consider waiting until you're there and see if you can get recommendations from your neighbors. A service having mulitple customers in the same neighborhood makes it more likely that they will be more reliable... although that's no guarantee. After some unfortunate experiences in trying different recommendations from non-neighbors we finally obtained the same person that does my neighbor directly across the street - and so far so good. BTW, if you hire someone and the service is unsatisfactory, you can always pull a Donald Trump on them! The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 05-31-2011, 03:39 PM

Thanks
Old 06-01-2011, 07:26 PM

I just posted something along the same lines as this, but dont be fooled by a cheap price, you get what you pay for. For me, I look for the best in what they do, TV repair, Automobile repair, etc, and I am 99% of the time left happy and have none or very few issues. Paying an extra 10 or 20 bucks now I have found can save me hundreds later.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Thumbs up

Amen Brewster!
Old 06-03-2011, 01:32 PM

Please give me a call so i can give you a price and take care of your landscape for you.
Thank you Jay with Fairfield Farms Nurseries (352) 748-7337
Old 06-03-2011, 06:37 PM
Default lawn serivce

we are not full time, so having a good lawn service is important:
we have found Swords Lawn Care: Gene Swords
lives in TV and does all his own work. lives at 601 Cadena Circle
home number 352-259-9631
cell number 352-636-5167
Old 06-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Default price quote for Havana Trail

A gentleman contacted Smitty Etc for a price on a home he is purchasing on Havana Trail. Unfortunately, the email that he gave keeps bouncing back. Matt, of Smitty Etc. asked if I could help him out...so if you are the gentleman that called him and is moving to Havana Trail. Matt has your price and took pictures of your yard...please call him again at 352-561-1999
Old 08-02-2011, 03:48 PM

Try Stellar! 352-553-2597. Ask for Marty and tell him Cindy from Buttonwood Village sent you!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Administrator

Try showcase landscaping one of our site sponsors.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:28 AM
Gold member

We have needed three services since moving into The Villages for improvements on the house and yard. Not knowing who to go to, we used business that advertise on TO TV. Knock on wood, we have been real happy with the service. I think it is the better choice over flyer's and newspaper adds. Folks on here will talk bad about you quick if you mess up their house. I also would hope that admin would drop an advertiser if they were ripping us off.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Smile Great Lawn Care

I would tell you to call Stellar Lawn Care. When we moved in we had a few different lawn services speak to us. We chose Stellar because of the "stellar" service, honesty, quick response to concerns, and great reliability to the job.
Our lawn is looking really nice due to their hard work.

Speak to Marty or Justin. I think you will be pleased.

Bilingue/St. James Resident

352 - 553-2597
Old 10-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilingue View Post
I would tell you to call Stellar Lawn Care. When we moved in we had a few different lawn services speak to us. We chose Stellar because of the "stellar" service, honesty, quick response to concerns, and great reliability to the job.
Our lawn is looking really nice due to their hard work.

Speak to Marty or Justin. I think you will be pleased.

Bilingue/St. James Resident

352 - 553-2597
Another vote for Stellar. Marty and his crew are the best. Polite, friendly, do great work. I called him because I was having some ants in the kitchen. He sent someone over to spray in 2 hours. While they were here they also diagnosed and treated my sick little tree. I thought it had blight. Justin knew exactly what the problem was (crickets and a type of caterpillar) and says it will be fine after a few more sprays. Marty has a one price option that includes mowing, edging, spraying for bugs, fertilizing, trimming and weeding.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:04 PM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydoc View Post
Another vote for Stellar. Marty and his crew are the best. Polite, friendly, do great work. I called him because I was having some ants in the kitchen. He sent someone over to spray in 2 hours. While they were here they also diagnosed and treated my sick little tree. I thought it had blight. Justin knew exactly what the problem was (crickets and a type of caterpillar) and says it will be fine after a few more sprays. Marty has a one price option that includes mowing, edging, spraying for bugs, fertilizing, trimming and weeding.
Another vote for Stellar. I have had excellent service from Marty and crew.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.