Need Stump Grinder Company

Closed Thread
Old 07-18-2017, 09:04 AM
Default Need Stump Grinder Company

I need a person or a company that has a portable stump grinder that can go behind the house to grind up the stumps from several removed bushes. I received a quote from one tree company and they wanted $400! I thought that was extremely high! Who has a portable stump grinder in the area?
Old 07-18-2017, 09:07 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

What I've done................use charcoal, cover with aluminum foil and let it burn down into the ground.

Not sure how the fire department likes it, but it works.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

I did something similar back up North, bought a root rot chemical, followed the directions, with the last one being to pour a cup (?) of kerosene on the now rotted root, and burn. I am NOT recommending this, as you may need to get permission from the fire department for the last step......

The other option I used later, was to use a reciprocating saw (sazall or equal) with a very aggressive blade to cut through the roots in multiple locations, and possibly through the stump vertically, then pry out the stump. I took out a 2 foot diameter stump this way....
Old 07-18-2017, 03:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I did something similar back up North, bought a root rot chemical, followed the directions, with the last one being to pour a cup (?) of kerosene on the now rotted root, and burn. I am NOT recommending this, as you may need to get permission from the fire department for the last step......

The other option I used later, was to use a reciprocating saw (sazall or equal) with a very aggressive blade to cut through the roots in multiple locations, and possibly through the stump vertically, then pry out the stump. I took out a 2 foot diameter stump this way....

Yep, saws all with wood blade is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2017, 04:00 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I imported South American termites
Old 07-18-2017, 06:15 PM
Gold member
Default You describe them as bushes

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagerNut View Post
I need a person or a company that has a portable stump grinder that can go behind the house to grind up the stumps from several removed bushes. I received a quote from one tree company and they wanted $400! I thought that was extremely high! Who has a portable stump grinder in the area?
If, there is no stump there is nothing to grind. What you need is called a mattock-a pick axe with a horizontal cutting blade on it. A sharpened straight edge shovel will also be helpful. You do not need to rush. You cut the roots all around the central part of the now gone bush and you will be able to pry out the central part of the root ball. The rest will quickly rot away. I expect you could hire someone to do this if you are not fit.

Like most other things-the gardeners have plenty of work now. It will be far easier and less costly if you call them in November.
Closed Thread

Tags
stump, company, grinder, portable, wanted

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.