Roundup tolerant StAug...Ideal for TV?

Scotts(R) ProVista™ St. Augustine
Old 02-05-2020, 06:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorTech View Post
Roundup tolerant StAug...Ideal for TV?

Scotts(R) ProVista™ St. Augustine
I believe that all of Fenney has St. Augustine. Probably more villages south of 44.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:01 PM
KittyKat

But it's against the rules because it overtakes your neighbors' Empire Zoysia. A few areas south of 466 have St Augustine but most have Zoysia. I live in a rental patio villa in Sunset Pointe. My landlord told me that a neighbor planted St Augustine which overtook my lawn. I hate the look & feel of St Augustine. I'm from Ohio, which has beautiful grass; I hate the wide blades.
Old 02-06-2020, 12:21 AM
Gold member

TV went back to StAug south of 44.

I am going to look for that in Bridgeport...Thanks!

A house down the road replaced their Zoysia with StAug...It is not going to end well, I reckon. I would have thought that Zoysia would win over StAug in a lawn war but I guess Zoysia is too slow growing to take over a StAug lawn. The new ProVista StAug is supposedly slow growing as well. I like the softness of Empire Zoysia but you have to use a lot of Nitrogen/Potassium to make it green and soft. I suspect TV found Zoysia is too much trouble and went back to StAug.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat View Post
But it's against the rules because it overtakes your neighbors' Empire Zoysia. A few areas south of 466 have St Augustine but most have Zoysia. I live in a rental patio villa in Sunset Pointe. My landlord told me that a neighbor planted St Augustine which overtook my lawn. I hate the look & feel of St Augustine. I'm from Ohio, which has beautiful grass; I hate the wide blades.
Right, next door to a zoysia lawn will be a big problem,
Old 02-12-2020, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

One in St James been little over a year and you can see it creeping into the abutting lawn
Old 02-28-2020, 09:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

The house behind me had St. Augustine creeping into my Zoisia. I tried the first couple of years to pull out the St. Augustine shoots. I gave up. St. Augustine wins by a large margin. Most of my lawn is now St. Augustine in the back and the sides of my property but it is creeping to the front. I give it another couple of years and my entire lawn will be St. Augustine.

I'm used to St. Augustine grass from living in South Florida for 24 years. Then went back up north to that lovely thin bladed grass that was so soft on your bare feet. Now we have the "killer" grass again with those really wide blades. I do like that St. Augustine is dark green in color. I have to admit though, I also like St. Augustine grass because the shoots grow above the ground. Zoisia tunnels underneath and gets into flowerbeds and also pops up in the middle of shrubs.
Old 02-28-2020, 09:16 AM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

Had Zoysia in buttonwood and in half my Atlanta yard.. Liked it a lot. Now have St Augustine south of 44.. Had no choice. It will take a while to get used to as compared to Zoysia and bermuda it;s like walking on needles. Initial thoughts are that I don;t like the looks, but grass is sleeping right now.. We'll see what the wake up fertilization next month does to the color and overall looks. Time will tell.
Closed Thread

Tags
staug, grass, roundup, tolerant, ideal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.