Oh That Bermuda!!!

Closed Thread
Old 07-10-2013, 07:29 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Nagy View Post
"Eliminate" is a strong word, as the seeds are everywhere, but the brew does kill the Bermuda that is in my lawn within a few days of application. I get a treatment 6 times per year that includes both fertilizers and herbicides.
So, what you are saying, is that it controls it pretty good, but doesn't eliminate it!!?? That's understandable, when applications are every other month. I wonder if people with St Augustine, have the Bermuda problem?
Old 07-10-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaLarry View Post
So, what you are saying, is that it controls it pretty good, but doesn't eliminate it!!?? That's understandable, when applications are every other month. I wonder if people with St Augustine, have the Bermuda problem?
Actually, the Bermuda pretty much does get eliminated. But by the time 2 months goes by until your next treatment, new stuff germinates. I don't think you can do much better.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaLarry View Post
Oh that Bermuda!!! It keeps crawling through the zoysia, and seems to be taking over. I keep pulling long stringers of Bermuda in lawn. Time to give up!! Bermuda has won.
I think you have crabgrass taking over, get some weed and feed and apply as directed. it should help get rid of it.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HNHartley View Post
I think you have crabgrass taking over, get some weed and feed and apply as directed. it should help get rid of it.
Its definitely Bermuda, beyond a doubt!! I killed an area in back yard, and will substitute with St Augustine ! (still green and covers good once grown in)
Old 07-10-2013, 07:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
So where is this Bermuda invading our zoysia lawns coming from?
Possibly it is cross-contamination from the lawn crews.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Sage

Interesting point - how come none of the lawn companies know about weed and feed??? Maybe it would put them out of business?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.