One Time Herbicide Treatment

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2021, 11:19 AM
Default One Time Herbicide Treatment

Hi folks. I’m trying to find out if anyone has ever had their yard sprayed “ONE TIME” for weeds. I really don’t want to get into an annual contract. I’ve been here 6+ years and have always maintained my yard weed free myself. But for some reason, this winter I’ve had a bloom of hundreds of square feet of broadleaf weeds pop up. Way too much for me to walk around with a gallon of Spectricide and kill them one at a time. So looking for a “one time” (no contract) weed treatment. Any ideas?
Old 02-16-2021, 12:08 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,566 Times in 922 Posts

I think Scotts has a product you attach to a hose, spray the lawn, it fertilizes and kills the broadleaf weeds.
Old 02-16-2021, 12:41 PM

Thanks Papa_Lecki, that’s a possibility. I like Scott’s products.
Old 02-19-2021, 07:47 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,296 Times in 557 Posts

Scott's bonus S or triple action .... MAKE SURE IT SAYS SOUTHERN LAWNS....
Old 02-19-2021, 09:50 AM

Good Morning, The best product I've found is Drive XLR8, with 80/20 surfactant, and atrazine. The atrazine works as both an on contact and a pre emerg. The Drive can not be used on St. Augustine and works on both broad leaf weeds as well as crab grass It will not control sedges or wild bermuda grass. You can substitute a 24D for Drive to kill broad leaves.
Old 02-25-2021, 01:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzurinko View Post
Hi folks. I’m trying to find out if anyone has ever had their yard sprayed “ONE TIME” for weeds. I really don’t want to get into an annual contract. I’ve been here 6+ years and have always maintained my yard weed free myself. But for some reason, this winter I’ve had a bloom of hundreds of square feet of broadleaf weeds pop up. Way too much for me to walk around with a gallon of Spectricide and kill them one at a time. So looking for a “one time” (no contract) weed treatment. Any ideas?
Not sure why but this seems to be a bad year for early spring weeds (2/25/21) Re: walking around with a gallon sprayer. You will surely get endless suggestions.
My view, I do not like the combination weed and feed products. They are I guess convenient except the week killers work through the leaves and must stay on the leaves.
Lawn needs to be wet with dew or lightly watered before you apply the product and it need to stay on the weeds. Fertilizer should not stick on the plants as it will tend to burn
so you should water it in. Obviously you cannot water and not water.

You also do not want to get weedkillers on other plants as it will damage if not kill flowers, shrubs etc.

A simple answer. A long nap paint roller. An extender handle or borrow your own push broom handle and you do not even need to bend to do it. Mix up the liquid weed killer and just paint coat the weedy spots. Read the directions on the product you buy. Typically 1 tbs per gallon. You will see it start to work in one day. Complete kill of a weed takes about two weeks.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1 View Post
Scott's bonus S or triple action .... MAKE SURE IT SAYS SOUTHERN LAWNS....
Be careful! Bonus S is not for Floratam. Read, read, read to be sure it is recommended for empire zoysia! Weeds that bonus s treats do not grow at the same time. Excess product is washed into Florida's shallow water table. Consult with the local extension office.
Closed Thread

Tags
weed, time, i’ve, contract, time”

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.