Palm Tree purchase

Closed Thread
Old 12-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Default Palm Tree purchase

My mother has been hinting about getting a Palm Tree placed in front of her Patio Villa. I was think that this would be a great Christmas present (even if it is bought after the holidays) can someone provide me the usual information such as pricing, who to purchase from, are there different types, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Have a nice Christmas.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:35 PM
nkrifats

Pat, just keep in mind to get something that will with stand the cooler temperatures.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:03 PM

Just buying a palm tree is not as easy as it sounds. A couple of locations that I would recommend to do just that and not necessarily a big landscaping project are Fairfield Farms on 301 or Villages Palms on 466 close to Rolling Acres. I'll add to the previous comment - do not get a robellini.....
Old 12-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_RI View Post
My mother has been hinting about getting a Palm Tree placed in front of her Patio Villa. I was think that this would be a great Christmas present (even if it is bought after the holidays) can someone provide me the usual information such as pricing, who to purchase from, are there different types, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Have a nice Christmas.
A pindo palm is very frost hardy and not too expensive. Terrascape on CR 301 near The Villages has a good selection. www.terrascape.biz.
Bonnie who works there is very knowledgeable.

Last edited by Barefoot; 12-03-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.