Pest Control- How Often?

Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2023, 03:45 PM
Default Pest Control- How Often?

We have been getting Pest Control and Weed Control every 2 months. It's like $115 each time. I'm wondering if this is how most people time this service or if it's OK to do it less frequently.

Any ideas about this subject are welcome.

Thanks!
Old 02-14-2023, 06:34 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
We have been getting Pest Control and Weed Control every 2 months. It's like $115 each time. I'm wondering if this is how most people time this service or if it's OK to do it less frequently.

Any ideas about this subject are welcome.

Thanks!
Been using the Spectricide ready to use for 18 years now. Use inside, like under sink, ONLY once or twice a year. Use on ALL walls of garage, and around the foundation, lanai, and across threshold of front and back doors twice a year. Cost is LESS than $40 a year, have never once had any insect pests inside our home. For lawn weed control, we use the premixed bottles that simply attach to your hose. We rotate three different brands so they stay effective, Spectricide one season, Bayer the next, etc. etc. The hose attach bottles cost from $12 to $17 depending on brand, and take from 5-8 minutes of time (NO mess, nothing to mix) to walk around your home and apply. We've used about twice a year, UNLESS we see some weeds popping up, so we then do a "between" application to that area only.

ROTATION of brands (was recommended to us by U. of F. ag advisor to rotate brands so weeds and pests do NOT become immune to a certain formula) has proven to be a very wise decision.
Old 02-14-2023, 07:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

We have massey come every three months to spray the outside. The theory is put up a barrier so bugs do not make it inside.

Occasionally some will get in and will call for them to remove the problem. Part of the annual service.
Old 02-14-2023, 10:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,687 Times in 5,234 Posts

I had Massey for pest control for several years, but I fired them them about a year ago. I sprayed the outside perimeter of my house with the Ortho Home Defense, and haven't seen any bugs since.
Old 02-14-2023, 11:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

So far so good on Massey. I tried them because of the posts from retiredguy123. I see he went rogue! LOL. I wish you luck.

I can't wait to be done with our move. We are in the home stretch. I just don't know how people older than us handle this moving garbage. I want to go back to retirement. No chasing or preventing bugs for me LOL!
Old 02-15-2023, 03:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,687 Times in 5,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
So far so good on Massey. I tried them because of the posts from retiredguy123. I see he went rogue! LOL. I wish you luck.

I can't wait to be done with our move. We are in the home stretch. I just don't know how people older than us handle this moving garbage. I want to go back to retirement. No chasing or preventing bugs for me LOL!
I only cancelled Massey for pest control, but still have them for everything else. The reason I cancelled the pest control was because I never had any bugs, and I still don't. If I get bugs, I will probably rehire Massey.
Closed Thread

Tags
control, time, pest, people, service

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.