Pesticide and/or Fertilizer Stains on House

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2018, 12:07 PM
Default Pesticide and/or Fertilizer Stains on House

I am planning on having my house repainted in the new future. Having said that, I have existing pesticide and/or fertilizer stain residues from my well-known lawn company.

Does anyone else have these stains? If so, any suggestions as to how I can remove them or lawn companies which seemingly do not leave them.

Thanks!

Lark
Old 01-26-2018, 12:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lark7 View Post
I am planning on having my house repainted in the new future. Having said that, I have existing pesticide and/or fertilizer stain residues from my well-known lawn company.

Does anyone else have these stains? If so, any suggestions as to how I can remove them or lawn companies which seemingly do not leave them.

Thanks!

Lark
A product called Iron Out does a great job. Just follow the mixing directions on the label. I use it for removing orange/rust colored stains from the side of stucco homes (from irrigation overspray), as well as on concrete driveways and sidewalks (caused by fertilizer). You can buy it at Lowes, Home Depot or Ace.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,105 Times in 2,233 Posts

Sno-Cap (ACE hardware) works really well, use a garden sprayer or hand sprayer, wait 10 minutes and rinse off.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:59 PM
Gold member
Default Not sure what you are saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lark7 View Post

Thanks!

Lark
"Having my house repainted," are you hiring a professional or doing it yourself? For a professional at least half the time to paint a house is, proper, preparation.

You are going to spend money to have your house painted because you feel the paint is dirty, faded and chipped.
SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU SHOULD TALK TO OTHER PAINTERS.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Sno-Cap (ACE hardware) works really well, use a garden sprayer or hand sprayer, wait 10 minutes and rinse off.

Snow cap Rules !

Tags
pesticide, lawn, and/or, fertilizer, stains

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.