pruning bushes help and nutsedge help

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2018, 08:36 AM
Default pruning bushes help and nutsedge help

I have almost two dozen bushes to retrim. Is there something I could dab on the area where I removed the lower branches to keep new branches from sprouting? I have nutsedge sprouting up on my large yard which I believe is St. Augustine grass. How do you get rid of the nutsedge without killing the rest of the grass? Thanks in advance.
Mike
Old 08-28-2018, 03:25 PM
Platinum member
Default product

There is a commercial product called Sedgehammer. You might also look for Dismiss anther commercial product. They can be expensive but you only use a fraction of a ounce per thousand square feet of spray area. Google them online.
Old 08-30-2018, 07:44 AM

Thanks, I will start looking for sedgehammer at the usual locations around TV.
Mike
Old 08-30-2018, 08:28 AM
Default Nutsedge is yet another interestng weed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndchance View Post
Thanks, I will start looking for sedgehammer at the usual locations around TV.
Mike
It actually had small bulbets on its roots so if you pull it out it grows back with more plants from the bulbs you will eave behind.

I've heard that sedghammer will selectively kill it but I've never used it. What I use is grass aqnd weed killer-glycophosphate. For me, I buy of brand products because they are the same as the brand name stuff at lower cost.
The brand name stuff is ROUNDUP. Yes, it will kill both the nutsedge and any grass or plants you put it on. Whne it is applied it only lasts for two weeks and it is absorbe through the leaves-no the soil. Simple solution is to spot treat with a paint brush. You can tape the brush to a broom handle or any stick and you do not need to bend to do this. Adding food coloring to the chemical makes it easy to keep track of which weeds you have treaded.

Same technique works on other tough weeds we deal with
rocket grass, buttonwood weed.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:19 AM

I have used the new Roundup for southern lawns successfully to kill nutsedge....
Old 08-30-2018, 12:59 PM

Can you apply it in hot weather
Old 09-12-2018, 08:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndchance View Post
I have almost two dozen bushes to retrim. Is there something I could dab on the area where I removed the lower branches to keep new branches from sprouting? I have nutsedge sprouting up on my large yard which I believe is St. Augustine grass. How do you get rid of the nutsedge without killing the rest of the grass? Thanks in advance.
Mike
There is nutsedge killer. Read the label.
Closed Thread

Tags
nutsedge, grass, branches, sprouting, bushes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.