PTL is going under

Closed Thread
Old 06-29-2017, 02:48 PM
Default PTL is going under

We have had PTL lawn care service for 8 years. They cut the grass and edged it and trimmed it. Put fertilizer and bug control on it twice a year and pulled the weeds in the flower beds. Also they provide termite protection insurance. Since April they have hardly shown up and when contacted the scheduler would say they would send some one right out. The company was going through some problems. We paid for the termite protection as we normally do the end of May. They took our money and our monthly payments for lawn service and now they don't even answer the phone. Just letting everyone know that PTL is sinking fast or has sunk. They didn't even have the decency to notify their customers that they were going out of business. The phone just rings and rings.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:03 PM
Veteran member

unlawful to take money and not provide services. Contact seniors against Crime also law enforcement
Old 06-29-2017, 07:41 PM

Same here. They finally came last week after numerous calls. I prepaid with credit card, so maybe I can contest it.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:57 PM

They won't even answer the phone anymore. It rings 6 times and goes to a fax line. Any other number just rings, no answer.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:10 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

If they are incorporated and file bankruptcy, good luck getting any monies back.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:46 AM

Just called, and you are right, phone rolled to fax number.

I suspect there is little monetary recourse, but we want that termite/bug coverage. So, moving forward, who is reliable? (Of course, until today, I would have said PTL. Sad.) Is Massey the only alternative?
Old 06-30-2017, 10:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorage View Post
Just called, and you are right, phone rolled to fax number.

I suspect there is little monetary recourse, but we want that termite/bug coverage. So, moving forward, who is reliable? (Of course, until today, I would have said PTL. Sad.) Is Massey the only alternative?
Get new coverage while you are still covered by someone else. That is what I was told when switching from Massey to DEANS.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:24 PM
Sage

Have you contacted Seniors Againest Crime? Also as an aside...there have been threads on TOTV before about this business....and I don't remember any of them being positive.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:29 PM

We have been with PTL for the last five years. On April 25th I prepaid for a year beginning June 1st using my Citibank credit card. After numerous unanswered calls, I finally got through and they promised to mow on June 20th. They finally showed up on June 23rd, but were not regular employees. This morning I disputed the entire charge on my Citibank credit card, and two hours later the dispute was resolved in MY favor. I got a full, permanent, refund.
Old 06-30-2017, 01:58 PM
Default We have PTL

We had our grass cut yesterday by PTL. Are they really going out of business? We are paid up until Sept.
Old 06-30-2017, 03:34 PM

They didn't come today to mow and I couldn't reach them by phone. No voice mail, and no answer. Don't know what is going on, but if they are still in business, they can bill me and I'll pay monthly if they actually start mowing. The mowed exactly one in June.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:34 PM
Gold member

I was a PTL customer for 8 years. They used to be a good company. Like others have said, recently their service has gone to near zero. We tried multiple times to call and cancel their service and could not get through so we went ahead and hired a new company. About 3 days after the new company cut the grass, PTL finally showed up. When they did I went out to talk with them. After seeing the grass already cut and me coming out to talk to them, one of them said, "Let me guess, you've canceled our service." I told them about not being able to get through on the phone to cancel and they said, "Yeah, this company is going down the tubes. We don't blame you for cancelling, we're all fed up as well and are looking for new jobs." I then asked what was happening inside the company that would cause its service to deteriorate so much. They told me that the owner had been on parole and had violated his parole so they locked him up.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:44 AM

I had a visit from a former PTL employee yesterday (July 4) who informed me he was quitting PTL and going out on his own. According to him, PTL has not met their last couple of payrolls. I have his name.... but would like to know what other alternatives might be recommended. I have Massey for pest control....
Old 07-05-2017, 02:50 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Fertigator
Old 07-05-2017, 05:11 PM

I have had PTL for 6 years Paid up until November They have not shown up for 2 weeks Phone just keeps on ringing
Closed Thread

Tags
ptl, termite, rings, phone, lawn

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.