Pulling Weeds/ Handyperson

Closed Thread
Old 05-30-2017, 02:05 PM
Default Pulling Weeds/ Handyperson

Looking for an honest, reliable, dependent person who will commit to pulling weeds and actually...pull weeds. We are leaving for 10 weeks this summer, first time we have left The Villages for an extended period of time, and don't want to come back to a jungle. Have heard all the horror stories about weed pullers who take your money and don't show up. Looking for just the right person, the one you know, trust and can recommend. Thanking you in advance for your help.
Old 05-30-2017, 04:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufrano View Post
Looking for an honest, reliable, dependent person who will commit to pulling weeds and actually...pull weeds. We are leaving for 10 weeks this summer, first time we have left The Villages for an extended period of time, and don't want to come back to a jungle. Have heard all the horror stories about weed pullers who take your money and don't show up. Looking for just the right person, the one you know, trust and can recommend. Thanking you in advance for your help.
Any of the good lawn people will do it, but expect to pay more than you might expect for it. The reason is that weeds are not easy to pull, especially grass that invades planting beds. They have long long long roots and are often accompanied by fire ants. Weeds also grow like weeds in the summertime and will reappear in a few weeks. It is hot and hard work to weed in Central Florida. Ask me how I know.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:39 PM
Veteran member

I use Choice Maintenance. They are totally reliable and I pay month to month. 352-502-2880. Tell them Nancy Simpkins recommended you and if they give me a referral fee I will give it to you. Not interested in the money, but they are good people.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:51 PM

Thanks, Nancy, I appreciate your interest and your recommendation. When I follow up I will mention your name.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:54 PM
Default Pulling Weeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Any of the good lawn people will do it, but expect to pay more than you might expect for it. The reason is that weeds are not easy to pull, especially grass that invades planting beds. They have long long long roots and are often accompanied by fire ants. Weeds also grow like weeds in the summertime and will reappear in a few weeks. It is hot and hard work to weed in Central Florida. Ask me how I know.
I'll bite, lol, how do you know?
Old 07-31-2017, 09:24 AM
Default Weeds

Thanks for the recommendation Nancy.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:55 AM
Sage

I think there was a totv member who expressed an interest in gardening related employment. I will see if I can find the info.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufrano View Post
I'll bite, lol, how do you know?
I sleep with our gardener. We have been married for over fifty years.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	000_4679.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	70618  

Last edited by graciegirl; 07-31-2017 at 09:04 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
weeds, time, pulling, person, advance

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.