Rabbits, Rabbits, Rabbits!

Closed Thread
Old 04-09-2018, 08:26 PM
Default Rabbits, Rabbits, Rabbits!

Help! New landscape was installed recently with a few flowing plants. I am not a full time resident yet. Today I was informed that the flowering plants are being eaten by rabbits. So far three are eaten down. I asked my neighbor to let their German sheppard take control. Unfortunately he too is retired.

I called our pest control company and they do not provide services to stop the rabbits. I called an animal control company and they too siad they do not provide such services.

Suggestions please?
Old 04-09-2018, 09:55 PM
Default Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphM View Post
Help! New landscape was installed recently with a few flowing plants. I am not a full time resident yet. Today I was informed that the flowering plants are being eaten by rabbits. So far three are eaten down. I asked my neighbor to let their German sheppard take control. Unfortunately he too is retired.

I called our pest control company and they do not provide services to stop the rabbits. I called an animal control company and they too siad they do not provide such services.

Suggestions please?
You can purchase rabbit repellent powders at any garden center or Lowes, Home home depo, walmart kind of store.

Mothballs will chase many critters so will cayenne pepper.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:49 AM
Sage

Dried Blood also works very well.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:49 AM

I sprayed my plants with a rabbit repellant after they ate all the flowers. I now have flowers and no rabbits.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 04-10-2018, 06:19 PM
Platinum member

What happened to mr. wiley coyote?
Old 04-10-2018, 06:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Coyote urine works good..

Amazon.com : Shake-Away All Natural Deer & Large Animal Repellent (Coyote Urine Granules) 28.5 oz size - New EZPour Bottle & Cap : Garden & Outdoor

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 04-13-2018, 06:10 AM
Veteran member

Rabbits are a tough problem. You have to keep up with the chemicals and deterrents. With you not there that will be very difficult. Green tulle (bridal veil material) over the plants help. It should be pinned down so that rabbits can't get under it. That and a scarecrow sprinkler used together is a great deterrent. The scarecrow sprinkler can be purchased from Amazon. I paid $79 11 years ago, now they are $35. This one is rated the highest. Amazon.com : Orbit 62100 Yard Enforcer Motion Activated Sprinkler with Day and Night Detection Modes : Lawn And Garden Sprinklers : Garden & Outdoor Speaking from experience, the scarecrow sprinkler works on neighbors, lawn men, homeowners and everythin
Old 04-13-2018, 08:50 AM
Default Great ideas!

Both of your ideas are great. My wife suggested I get the scarecrow sprinkler and try it at our Colorado home. I also use bird netting here as well.

Most challenging is finding someone to cover the plants. If only my neighbors in the Villages had teenage sons

Tags
rabbits, control, company, called, eaten

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.