Reviews of Central Florida Turf

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2016, 07:48 AM
Default Reviews of Central Florida Turf

We read one review of Central Florida Turf and would like to hear of other people who have tried their lawn cutting service. We are currently paying $55 a month just to have our lawn cut. It is hard to believe that Central Florida Turf will cut your grass and trim your bushes and hedges for $45 a month. Before we decide to switch, we would like to hear some reviews. Thank you.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:22 AM
Thumbs up CFTS - New Customer

Well I will keep this thread posted. I (last week) decided to give them a try. Have had our yard cut twice (at a height I want). Price seems too good to be true but time will tell. Met the manager Rene, and was impressed.

PS. I have done my own lawn for 5+ years, so I am pretty picky to say the least.

Mallory Square, Village of Hadley and now Gilchrist!
Old 06-01-2016, 10:58 AM
Veteran member

Last week I was away and Rene and his crew came by and left me a note saying that they didn't cut the grass last week because it looked too dry and didn't want to ruin it with the mower. I appreciated that and he was right, I left Florida for a week during the few days it was raining so I had turned my sprinklers off. I'm guessing the rain didn't last that long so my lawn was without watering for a few days. Good catch.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:31 PM
Default Excellent service!

I have been using them for two months and so far they have been great. They cut my palm tree pods and took away a garage door opener at no extra charge. Monthly fee for pest, shrubs & lawn is $75. I am a "seasonal" Bird in Ohio, but have cameras to watch the house.
Old 06-26-2016, 05:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralFloridaTurf View Post
Good morning! Thank you for your interest. We completely understand your concern/fear. As it may seem to good to be true, our prices really only are $45 a month for weekly push mowing, and $35 a month for Villas. The key to a successful company is having realistic prices, and providing amazing services. Also, not raising your prices. Client satisfaction comes first! There is not need to charge a customer $10 more because there drive way is smaller than someone else. (That doesn't show customer appreciation).
Do you have a pest control license for indoor and outdoor pests? Termites? Thanks for this info.

Last edited by Barefoot; 06-26-2016 at 06:13 PM.
Old 07-23-2016, 08:35 AM

We inquired and had Central Florida Turf come out. They cut our lawn the first time, and said a crew would come out and trim the following week. Three weeks later, we were waiting for them to come cut our lawn the second time and do the initial trimming they had promised. We received repeated email confirmations of scheduled dates that they were planning on coming out to mow and do the other work, but it never happened. Phone calls went unanswered. We were promised free service for the month of July, and the never followed through with it. They're all smoke and mirrors. I would definitely not recommend their services. A good rate means nothing if they're a no show, and they make commitments but never follow through on them.
Old 07-23-2016, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

I had a similar experience to Victoria's. I hired them thinking I would have a responsive lawn care company, who could address my lawn's specific needs (test the soil, do a sight visit, etc) rather than just dumping fertilizer like Massey did. Instead, I got my lawn cut and an invoice several days later. The promise of hedge/shrub trimming was set for last weekend. No show, no call. Having been burnt before by lawn companies/contractors, I wasn't about to take a chance to see how this panned out. I was really looking forward to finally having someone who could/would properly diagnose my lawn problems. The search continues.
Old 07-23-2016, 10:49 AM
Veteran member

They just up and dropped all their customers who were using them for mowing/trimming only. They started out with such promise and just fizzled out.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:23 PM
Default lawn and pest service

My husband and I just moved here 10 days ago.
We have been meeting with various lawn services
Smart Pro and Superior.I came across this thread and noticed that Florida Central's reviews were from 2013 (negative reviews)
Is there an update on this company.
You can imagine our heads are spinning!
Tina & Dave
Old 08-05-2016, 10:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordenny View Post
We read one review of Central Florida Turf and would like to hear of other people who have tried their lawn cutting service. We are currently paying $55 a month just to have our lawn cut. It is hard to believe that Central Florida Turf will cut your grass and trim your bushes and hedges for $45 a month. Before we decide to switch, we would like to hear some reviews. Thank you.
Be careful.
With lawn companies especially, it often doesn't work well to go with the cheapest option.
And please don't pay a year in advance!
Old 08-30-2016, 07:06 PM

I just cancelled service with Central Florida Turf. I was gone for two months and assumed they were taking care of the lawn. When I returned last Friday, the grass was higher than the sprinkler pop ups in many locations, they had not edged around the beds or drive, and one side of the house had two different mower cut levels. They were to mow on Thursdays, so I am sure it hadn't been cut in a week or so.
So I tried calling them on Monday, and only got a message saying they were in the line with some one else, and call me soon. After 4 hours of waiting and several calls back, no luck, so I emailed them and Tom called me back.
He said they had inspected my yard on Saturday, and when I told them I had been there all day, he then said they had just driven by and it looked fine. He told me the owner would stop on Tuesday at 2:30 pm and look at it, as well as some additional landscaping I wanted done.
At 3pm, he had not showed up, and I tried calling them, texting, and emailing. No luck. At about 6pm he told me they had called several times and couldn't reach me, but there was no calls recorded on my cell phone. He stated they were busy and had to take care of other customers, so I guess that means I was not very important to them.
I would not use them, and like the others above, think they are dropping customers, or customers are dropping them. I would not ever use them again, and strongly recommend that you consider other professional services.
Closed Thread

Tags
turf, florida, central, lawn, month

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.