Ron's Landscaping

Closed Thread
Old 11-28-2017, 08:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,051 Times in 2,740 Posts
Default Ron's Landscaping

We hired Ron's Landscaping to put in privacy hedges on the sides of our new birdcage/pool. I have relatively high expectations when hiring contractors and was not disappointed. Mike is a great guy to deal with, prompt, courteous, professional and very detailed. Mike and his crew were extremely easy and fun to work with and did a very professional job. They ran into several underground irrigation lines that needed to be moved and did an excellent job of rerouting the lines and pressure testing for leaks. The care and detail they took in planting the hedges was very impressive. The metal edging, landscape cloth, and stones they put in came out absolutely beautiful. Everything was cleaned up and looked like the work had been completed a long time ago. They also went above and beyond what we hired them for. Mike personally walked me through our already established gardens and individually identified each of or plants and gave great advice on how to prune and care for them. He also checked our complete irrigation system, adjusted all sprinkler heads, and reset the timer to adequately water the new plantings. If that was not enough, Mike is stopping by our home to check out he health of the new hedges and adjust the irrigation system as necessary. I was very impressed and would not hesitate to recommend their service. As an FYI, we hired Ron's Landscaping because of other positive reviews on TOV as well as the fact that they are a sponsor on TOV. To reach Mike, call 352-227-7788
Old 11-28-2017, 11:25 PM

Is the original "Ron" gone from the business? His picture is still used on the website.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallory View Post
Is the original "Ron" gone from the business? His picture is still used on the website.
Ron retired and sold the business to Mike. Mike worked with Ron for several years and is very experienced and knowledgeable. I guess the website picture needs to be updated.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:25 PM

Ron still does some estimating and designing for Mike.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:43 AM

Thank you for the comments on Ron's Landscaping. I am currently researching landscapers and would appreciate knowing what kind of plant gaurantee Ron's provided you.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphM View Post
Thank you for the comments on Ron's Landscaping. I am currently researching landscapers and would appreciate knowing what kind of plant gaurantee Ron's provided you.
One year guarantee.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:18 PM

///

Last edited by RalphM; 03-30-2018 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Striving to create a new thread I incorrectly posted replys to other post about Ron's
Old 06-04-2018, 06:52 AM

I recently used the Talk of the Villages to research opinions on several Landscaping companies and came to the conclusion Ron's Landscaping had nothing but positive reviews for their work. So when I needed to finish off the landscaping around my new lanai and home I contacted Ron's Landscaping. After leaving a message on a Saturday morning I had a call back from Ron within two hours. Ron, the previous owner, was at my home on that next Monday morning going over what Mike and his crew would be doing to make our home stand out with the proper plants and trees for this area. Ron then provided me with a written proposal and we signed a deal that day. Before Ron went north two weeks later, Mike and Ron walked our property and layed out the game plan to landscape our yard. I am very impressed with Mike because he takes the time to explain what he is doing and why it needs to be done. Every day when his crew showed up for work, Mike would take the time to explain what they were doing that day and what they wanted to accomplish before the days end. The follow up with Mike has been great and our decision to use Ron's was well worth the money spent. My yard looks great and I owe that to Mike and his crew. So if you are deciding on a landscaping company, don't hesitate, hire Ron's.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs up Great Support

It wonderful to read support for some Landscapers. We relied on the TOTV's support for Ron's and decided to go with them for some pretty extensive landscaping. Of course I called Seniors vs Crime to see if there were any complaints filed with them and the answer there were no complaints. They came reviewed our property and what was needed, gave us a quote and a contract. So far we are really impressed with them..!! We are waiting for them to start but feel secure.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:32 AM

We had Ron's do some landscaping for us about a year ago and it looks fantastic. We are very satisfied with the design and how it turned out.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:52 AM
Sage

It's wonderful to read a series of purely positive reviews.
Closed Thread

Tags
mike, landscaping, irrigation, rons, hedges

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.