Ron's Landscaping...The Best!

Closed Thread
Old 07-17-2021, 12:22 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,063 Times in 424 Posts
Default Ron's Landscaping...The Best!

Let me start by saying that if you are considering hiring a landscaping firm to beautify your property, you do not want to cut corners or try to nickel and dime your way to a professionally done project. Is Ron's Landscaping the cheapest outfit around? No. Are they the most expensive? Also No. What you will get from Ron's is a professional job that is done right, for a fair investment. And that is just what it is...an investment.

We received several bids for our landscaping project on our new home. We selected Ron's for several reasons. Ron McAuly and Mike Pregartner (the owner) are Villages residents, and they have been here doing landscaping work for a long, long time...over 25 years. Ron, who started the business, sold it to Mike several years ago, but Ron has stayed on to do design work and proposals. Ron's background is in horticulture, and to say that he knows his plants and trees would be an understatement. They know what will thrive in the climate here, and what will not. For us, this was a huge factor as we knew next to nothing about Florida plants, and Ron's expertise was invaluable.

When they start your job (and yes, they will start when they tell you they will), they will stay on your property until the job is completed. None of this moving a crew around from one job to another, dragging things out. Mike will be at your house every day, not just overseeing things to make sure it is right, but actually "getting his hands dirty" along with the rest of the crew. Mike is a perfectionist, and he will ensure that everything is perfect. They will make all of the adjustments and relocating of irrigation heads as part of the job to make sure all of your new plants and trees get the right amount of water. Mike even sets up your irrigation controller to tailor the amount of water going to every section of plants, again ensuring your new plants get what they need.

After the job is completed, Mike will come out every week or so to check things over, and make any needed adjustments to the irrigation system. He will also prune/trim any trees and plants that need it after the initial shock of being transplanted. Since the completion date on our job, Mike has been back to our house six times, checking everything over and making watering adjustments. Ron has been back out 3 or 4 times, just to look things over and make sure all of our plants and trees are doing well. Plus, Ron's gives your a full one year warranty on all plants and trees, so you have some peace of mind in that respect.

Their service after the sale is second to none. Mike and Ron genuinely care about your landscape job, and want everything to be perfect. They will continue to come to your home and monitor everything to make sure you are happy. Where some outfits will come out, stick some plants in the ground, and then move on to the next job, Ron and Mike are just the opposite. They get the lion's share of their work through customer referrals, and they want all of their customers to be happy. Their business model is certainly working well, or they would not have been around for as long as they have.

We have been extremely happy with the work done for us by Ron's Landscaping. Their work really enhanced the look of our home, and we have received a lot of highly positive comments from friends and neighbors. Ron and Mike are true professionals, and they take an immense amount of pride in their work. Can you find someone to do your job cheaper than Ron's? I'm sure you can. Can you find someone who will do the job better, with the attention to detail they have? I sincerely doubt it. Take it from me...it's better to cry once, than be crying all over again in a couple of months when you have issues and your budget landscaper is now in the painting business!

As you can no doubt imagine, I recommend Ron's Landscaping without reservation. If we ever have another home in the Villages, Ron's will be the first and only call I will make for our landscaping needs. If you would like to see the quality of their work for yourself, shoot me a PM, and I will send you my address so that you can drive by to see a sample of their work. You will not be disappointed.
Closed Thread

Tags
rons, job, mike, plants, landscaping

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.