Ron's Landscaping A Great Job!!

Closed Thread
Old 03-19-2020, 06:54 PM
Default Ron's Landscaping A Great Job!!

We recently had a rather large landscaping project completed by Ron's Landscaping and it was done expertly and professionally. I recommend Ron's for any landscaping job you might be contemplating.
I have had many experiences with contractors and some were good and some were bad, very bad, but my experience with Ron's was beyond good it was GREAT!
A friend recommended Ron's to us. He had a big project done by him and was very pleased with the result. My friend told me that he had received 3 bids for his job and Ron's was the most expensive, but after doing his research he determined that that extra cost would be well worth it.
So on his recommendation we contacted Ron's Landscaping and asked Ron to come out and take a look at our project. My wife and I had no experience with landscaping like this so we pretty much just left it up to Ron to come up with a design. We liked his ideas and went ahead with the project as he designed it.
About 6 years ago Ron sold the company to Mike Pregartner, but Ron stayed on part time to help out with designing and estimating jobs for Mike.
About a week before the job was to start Ron and Mike came out and told us that after thinking about our job they felt that using a wall for the border of our driveway and walkways would be much better and look nicer than the original plan of using a metal edge for the border. This change would be more expensive in materials and labor and probably cost THEM something in the neighborhood of $1800. This was an amazing development. Getting more than you agreed to on the contract that you signed! How often does that happen?
One of the many great things about dealing with Ron's is that once they start your job they stay on it until it is done. No running around from job to job leaving your job unfinished for weeks on end. Another great thing is that the owner of the business, Mike is on the work site almost the whole time that the project is progressing. He is hands on but also watching and instructing his workers in how each part of the project needs to be done to come out right.
One thing my wife really liked is that at the end of each days work they cleaned up the area. No piles of sand or other material laying around. Everything swept up and neat and tidy.
Another thing that Mike did that was not expected and not in the contract was that he repaired several of the sprinklers that were in a part of the yard that had nothing to do with the project that at hand. I knew that some of them needed some attention and was surprised when I saw that they had been fixed. Mike never mentioned that he was going to do this, he just did it. Amazing!
Part of the job was to lay down some sod. Now I have had sod companies do this for me in the past and the workers just threw the pieces of sod down in a haphazard manner, leaving gaps between the pieces of sod. Not Ron's, each piece was place up tight against its neighbor with no space between each piece. The result was a perfect carpet of sod.
In summary I have to say that it was a perfect job, and a really good experience. Unlike jobs that I had contracted for in the past where I had to constantly watch over the work to make sure it was done right, with Ron's Landscaping I could just go about my life and know that the project at home was being done right.
Also it was a pleasure dealing with Ron, Mike and his whole crew. They are simply good people! If you are thinking about getting a landscaping job done you really should consider Ron's Landscaping.
Phone 352 277-7788

John Hunter
Village of El Santiago
Old 04-06-2020, 12:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Correction for the phone number for Ron's Landscaping....

352-227-7788
Old 04-07-2020, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterjd45346 View Post
We recently had a rather large landscaping project completed by Ron's Landscaping and it was done expertly and professionally. I recommend Ron's for any landscaping job you might be contemplating.
I have had many experiences with contractors and some were good and some were bad, very bad, but my experience with Ron's was beyond good it was GREAT!
A friend recommended Ron's to us. He had a big project done by him and was very pleased with the result. My friend told me that he had received 3 bids for his job and Ron's was the most expensive, but after doing his research he determined that that extra cost would be well worth it.
So on his recommendation we contacted Ron's Landscaping and asked Ron to come out and take a look at our project. My wife and I had no experience with landscaping like this so we pretty much just left it up to Ron to come up with a design. We liked his ideas and went ahead with the project as he designed it.
About 6 years ago Ron sold the company to Mike Pregartner, but Ron stayed on part time to help out with designing and estimating jobs for Mike.
About a week before the job was to start Ron and Mike came out and told us that after thinking about our job they felt that using a wall for the border of our driveway and walkways would be much better and look nicer than the original plan of using a metal edge for the border. This change would be more expensive in materials and labor and probably cost THEM something in the neighborhood of $1800. This was an amazing development. Getting more than you agreed to on the contract that you signed! How often does that happen?
One of the many great things about dealing with Ron's is that once they start your job they stay on it until it is done. No running around from job to job leaving your job unfinished for weeks on end. Another great thing is that the owner of the business, Mike is on the work site almost the whole time that the project is progressing. He is hands on but also watching and instructing his workers in how each part of the project needs to be done to come out right.
One thing my wife really liked is that at the end of each days work they cleaned up the area. No piles of sand or other material laying around. Everything swept up and neat and tidy.
Another thing that Mike did that was not expected and not in the contract was that he repaired several of the sprinklers that were in a part of the yard that had nothing to do with the project that at hand. I knew that some of them needed some attention and was surprised when I saw that they had been fixed. Mike never mentioned that he was going to do this, he just did it. Amazing!
Part of the job was to lay down some sod. Now I have had sod companies do this for me in the past and the workers just threw the pieces of sod down in a haphazard manner, leaving gaps between the pieces of sod. Not Ron's, each piece was place up tight against its neighbor with no space between each piece. The result was a perfect carpet of sod.
In summary I have to say that it was a perfect job, and a really good experience. Unlike jobs that I had contracted for in the past where I had to constantly watch over the work to make sure it was done right, with Ron's Landscaping I could just go about my life and know that the project at home was being done right.
Also it was a pleasure dealing with Ron, Mike and his whole crew. They are simply good people! If you are thinking about getting a landscaping job done you really should consider Ron's Landscaping.
Phone 352 277-7788

John Hunter
Village of El Santiago
How much money did you have to pay upfront?
Closed Thread

Tags
job, rons, landscaping, project, mike

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.