Rubber Mulch

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Default Rubber Mulch

Has anyone used rubbed mulch in TV? We have it here in St. Aug and it has not deteriorated at all. Doesn't disappear like regular mulch. Thinking about it for our future house in TV.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Sage

Do you find it sticks together when the weather is hot? It would be great since it seems to last longer, but then I wonder also if it changes color when fertilizers or pesticides are used on plants in the mulched area. Have found it in the same color as my lava rocks in the beds now. Would be much softer to walk on, that's for sure!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by linandvin View Post
Has anyone used rubbed mulch in TV? We have it here in St. Aug and it has not deteriorated at all. Doesn't disappear like regular mulch. Thinking about it for our future house in TV.
I had it and became very disappointed with it as the rubber pieces spread all over the place on cement driveway/walks and grass. I gather that was from night-stalking animals (four-legged) ;-) ... I had it all removed and replaced the rubber with stone mulch; much better.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 02-08-2011, 09:21 PM

I can only tell you that it looks good. I have a border around the outside of the lanai and it's held up really well. But do I walk barefoot on it!?? Not since I saw Sam Snake crawl beneath it. He must have liked the warmth. I don't walk barefoot in Florida unless we're on the beach. I will probably go with rocks when we build. I'm tired of the regular mulch changing color and disappearing every few months.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Gold member

We have rubber mulch and it has been down for 3 1/2 yrs . We love it...very happy with every aspect of it. It has not faded, it does not wash away, does not stick together in the summer heat and fertilizers etc has not affected it at all. Bought ours from Brown Distrubutors in Fruitland Park.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.