Service smart

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2015, 05:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Some companies give you the option of paying a year in advance for a significant discount. If they're reputable, nothing wrong with that.
I'm not defending Service Smart because I think their service has gone downhill since they acquired Stellar's customers.
However neither Stellar nor Service Smart ever demanded advance payment from us.
They offered a discount for advance payment, but it was optional.
I'm not sure what they're doing now because we no longer use them.
It looks like a lot of people went for the advance-payment plan that offers a discount, and then regretted it.
Or perhaps SS wasn't clear about the options.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:19 AM
Default Service smart

Bought a new villa over a month ago....signed up with service smart and paid 1yr in full....They have yet to cut my grass....Have called 2x and told I was scheduled the next day...grass so overgrown embarrassing....I signed the contract with owner Roy who I have asked for a return call to no avail....Have lived in the villages over 3 yrs and my first negative post regarding contractors...
Old 09-10-2015, 06:29 AM
Sage

There is a lesson in all this; don't pay in advance. Also, don't pay in full until the jobs is 100% complete. I am sorry to hear of your problems. Check your paperwork and see if you can get a refund. If so, drive to their office and don't leave till they cut you a check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake3457 View Post
Bought a new villa over a month ago....signed up with service smart and paid 1yr in full....They have yet to cut my grass....Have called 2x and told I was scheduled the next day...grass so overgrown embarrassing....I signed the contract with owner Roy who I have asked for a return call to no avail....Have lived in the villages over 3 yrs and my first negative post regarding contractors...
Old 09-10-2015, 08:24 AM

I was fortunate enough to get a refund from Service Smart. They insisted that refunds are not allowed if you ask more than three days following the contract date. I insisted that I was unhappy with their work and had documented everything they had failed to do per the contract, and based on Florida law, I was allowed to cancel and receive a refund. They refused, but my last word to them was that I'd be contacting the authorities. Within two weeks, I received a check--not a full refund--but about 70% of what I had paid.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:58 PM

Yup! you are correct not a name change, just a merge. Kinda like pushing the flush handle, everything merges. Same or bigger results.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:13 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

A Service Smart manager(?) came to my house a week or so ago and asked for a "second chance" at doing our yard. He offered FREE MOWING FOR A YEAR and a $500 discount off annual maintenance. I declined. As I told him, it's a pretty bad statement on a business when you can't even give your service away for free.

I checked their website this morning and this is what it has:

Site Offline

Site Offline

This website has been disabled for technical reasons. Please contact the site administrator for more information.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:29 AM
Default Service smart

Village resident for 3 yrs...just bought a new villa and hired service smart 1 month ago....great pre paid annual price....they never came once to cut lawn!! I kept calling and they said each time tomorrow....Salesman Roy was at my door with great initial sales pitch..,,Could not get him or anyone to call me back..They promised lawn ( now totally over grown ) would be cut thurs..,,they never showed up ....I called visa card bank and they credited my account and will remove charge paid to service smart...Yesterday at 8 am I called sevice smart to cancel....woman said she could not cancel and someone would call me back...I then told her not to bother as I had account cancelled with credit back to me from my visa account.,,She asked if they agreed to cancel and I said yes..,She basically hung up...1 hour heard my yard being mowed and talked to the lawn cutter.,l told him I had called office and cancelled...He admitted he got a call from the office to immediately cut my lawn and this was not even his route....I called the office and same womapn told me that he was there from previous scheduling...I told her she knew that was not true and that the lawn cutter confirmed he just received the emergency call to cut lawn...She then hung up on me...This is the only contractor in 3 yrs I have ever had a problem with...They are a total fraud with the utmost unethical standards....I have sent formal complaint to the higher ups to put a stop to their business practices....
Old 09-12-2015, 10:41 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Their website is still offline. Probably didn't pay the web host.
Old 09-13-2015, 04:49 AM
Sage

Who would the "higher ups " be ?

Tags
time, property, joke, beware, services, stating, company, proforming, family, full, rip, smart, care, taking, fact, invoice, times, year, formally, job, sh-t, lawn, stellar, years, call

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.