Service smart

Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2015, 02:03 PM
Default Service smart

Beware of this company. Had them for two years formally stellar lawn. What a sh-t job they did. We come down 4 times a year and every Time we had to call them to clean up our property. We would be here for a week when we get home in Connecticut I would get an invoice stating services they were proforming while we're there never seem them It became a joke of my family maybe while we were there they were taking care of someone else property Fact is if you are not here full time they will rip you off
Old 06-16-2015, 02:22 PM

Hear Ya Loud and Clear.

Everyone using this company should "Get Smart" and run away from them fast. I remember same issues when they were a "Stellar Company" "PUN".

These types of companies should know by now, "Changing Names" don't work.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry1 View Post
Hear Ya Loud and Clear.

Everyone using this company should "Get Smart" and run away from them fast. I remember same issues when they were a "Stellar Company" "PUN".

These types of companies should know by now, "Changing Names" don't work.

They were merged not name changed.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:26 PM

My neighbor is away for 2 months. Service Smart is taking care of his lawn.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0418.JPG
Views:	314
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	52413   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0419.JPG
Views:	322
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	52414  
Old 06-16-2015, 03:31 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
They were merged not name changed.
Not even merged, but rather the father of Steller owner's wife (owner of Service Smart) took his daughter and company back!!
Old 06-16-2015, 03:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclicker View Post
My neighbor is away for 2 months. Service Smart is taking care of his lawn.

Looking real good
Old 06-16-2015, 03:45 PM
Veteran member

yours looks soooooo much better than my lawn,you must have the best crew that smart has????????????
Old 06-17-2015, 08:26 AM

Terrible company I am still trying to get the lawn back in shape.... When they tried to sell me another year I told their salesman he should look for another job.. People are quitting them by the dozens..
Old 06-17-2015, 09:51 AM

Yes, I don't know many people in the Villages but I know 2 that have real issues with them, like being builled for a lot of work which was never done. They should be baned from the villages.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:38 AM

service STELLA] smart both suck and they are together again. some poeple do not learn, they suck!!!!
Old 06-17-2015, 03:00 PM
Gold member

I posted this on another Servive, not so, Smart thread

Welcome to the landscape game we all play! Way too many who signed year long deals with Stellar got screwed when SS took over. BTW, more complaints that you can count with Seniors vs Crime, but there is nothing they can do about it.

Many of us have learned the lesson the hard way...NEVER NEVER EVER SIGN A YEAR LONG CONTRACT FOR ANY SERVICES IN THE VILLAGES!! The extra free month is not worth the aggravation of having to wait out a contract to expire.

If you are looking for an all service company that does everything and will let you pay monthly and cancel at any time if you are not satisfied, we went with Fertigator. So far the grass looks pretty good, it took quite a while to recover from the condition is was left in by SS believe me. BTW, try to written confirmation of your cancellation of SS, they kept showing up for over a month after I called several times and canceled. I actually had to ask them to leave my yard.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 06-17-2015, 03:28 PM

Service Smart is a very smart company. They hook you, take your money, and never have to do any work unless you call and call and call. If you complain, they send someone out to smooth things over, and then nothing is ever fixed. Our yard was terrible until we decided to tell them not to come back. Specifically, they waited too long between mowings, they never mowed grass to recommended length, and they allowed weeds to grow untouched. We had thistles growing in the front yard!! This is with us living in the house. We forfeited nine months worth of money, but we would be paying more than that to fix the problems they were causing if we had waited out the full year. Now, with the new hire, the yard is looking so good. It's getting mowed regularly and weeds are gone.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:34 PM

SERVICE SMART actually didn't do a horrible job for me. I did, however, have to call and complain quite a bit - but, usually when I did call... they would send a technician the next day or two. I hired a new service to take care of my lawn and bushes, etc and when I asked for the remainder of my prepaid 1 year fee(s) to be refunded from Service Smart... they jacked me around for 90 days and then (after 3 mos) they tell me that they have a "No Refund Policy" - IF this were true, they could have told me right up front - however, I am told that the State of Florida will NOT permit them (or any other contractor) to keep monies for services which are "NOT PERFORMED." I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH SERVICE SMART AGAIN and others would be SMART to avoid this outfit like the "plague." What a bunch of RIP-OFF artists these people are.

Last edited by Dr.Jim.B; 07-07-2015 at 12:37 PM. Reason: typo error
Old 07-07-2015, 01:56 PM
Location: The Villages (previous: Kittery & Eliot Maine, Portsmouth & Barrington NH, Uncasville CT)

I have to say, they do a great job for me. We were gone 5 weeks and came back to one of the best looking lawns in the neighborhood. It's not perfect as most are not right now but compared to others we are happy. If I need them in between scheduled trimming and weeding I call an they are out within a few days. Anyone that comes out to the house is always very nice. They are always pleasant on the phone. Perhaps it is because I don't pay a lot in advance. I pay quarterly in the middle of the quarter so it's only about 1 month in advance. Not sure how we got so lucky with them.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Weeds are going to happen...what was the watering pattern of the lawn? Its been dry here. Who is responsible for checking the neighbors irrigation timer?
Closed Thread

Tags
time, property, joke, beware, services, stating, company, proforming, family, full, rip, smart, care, taking, fact, invoice, times, year, formally, job, sh-t, lawn, stellar, years, call

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.