Service Smart Opinions

Closed Thread
Old 01-22-2015, 01:53 PM
Default Service Smart Opinions

Looking for opinions on the quality of service provided by Service Smart.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:05 PM

The worst of the worst... Run don't walk away from them.. Have them now through no fault of our own.. Company merger when my time is up the are ancient history.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Good name, Service Smart. If you use them you must be smart. Just like the Smart car. Smart, not !
Old 01-22-2015, 04:47 PM

Not renewing when my contract is up.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:00 PM

I have had them almost a year and my lawn is terrible. Can't wait to drop them. I am going to see if I can get a refund for my last couple months.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:38 PM

Ditto
Old 01-22-2015, 08:37 PM

Thanks! Just what we were thinking.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:11 PM
Sage

Most of the previous posters are in newer areas below 466A. Your lawn may look terrible in the early years after planting. Ours did for the first two years+ after it was installed by the builder. In desperation we attended the "Twice on Tuesday" seminars and found out the proper fertilizer to use. Eventually, the lawn filled in and became healthy turf. Now, for almost the past two years, it has been cared for by Stellar, now Service Smart. It's still healthy to this point so I can't say Stellar- Service Smart, have ruined it. Maybe your lawn is just too new.

The soil below 466A may be like ours above 466A, "dead soil", and will require time , care and feeding.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:42 PM

Also not sold on renewing when my contract is up. They were great as Stellar... not so much as Service Smart.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:47 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
Most of the previous posters are in newer areas below 466A. Your lawn may look terrible in the early years after planting. Ours did for the first two years+ after it was installed by the builder. In desperation we attended the "Twice on Tuesday" seminars and found out the proper fertilizer to use. Eventually, the lawn filled in and became healthy turf. Now, for almost the past two years, it has been cared for by Stellar, now Service Smart. It's still healthy to this point so I can't say Stellar- Service Smart, have ruined it. Maybe your lawn is just too new.

The soil below 466A may be like ours above 466A, "dead soil", and will require time , care and feeding.
Carla had the same problem here 8 years ago. The reason was lousy backfill had to work with Massey to get the proper nutrients etc into the soil
Old 01-28-2015, 06:57 PM

We have been very dissatisfied with Service Smart. Both with our lawn and the pest control. Nearly every other month I've had to call them to treat "sugar" ants in our home - several places. Finally, I went and bought ant traps - that seems to be taking care of them better!
Old 01-28-2015, 08:32 PM
Gold member

Had Stellar now Service Smart. So far all is as it was. Only signed up for 6 months so we will see how it goes.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:09 AM
Gold member

2 things I've learned in my first year living in the Villages....NEVER pre pay for lawn service, no matter how much of a discount they offer you and drop Service Smart as fast as humanly possible! I have a contract that runs thru April and I'm not waiting to let it run out. They WILL NOT refund any monies if you cancel, so I'm just chalking it up to a lesson learned.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 01-29-2015, 09:47 AM
Veteran member

We are also former Stellar customers now with Service Smart. WE have not had any issue with them and so far they have been responsive to our calls and questions, including some things that were carry-overs from Stellar. When it's time for us to renew, we'll see if they have continued to do keep up or not. Hard to determine how their lawn care is in a season when most grasses are dormant.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:03 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandsdavis View Post
We are also former Stellar customers now with Service Smart. WE have not had any issue with them and so far they have been responsive to our calls and questions, including some things that were carry-overs from Stellar. When it's time for us to renew, we'll see if they have continued to do keep up or not. Hard to determine how their lawn care is in a season when most grasses are dormant.
Agree. So far so good.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.