Service Smart Opinions

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2015, 11:39 AM
Gold member

According to this past week's newspaper ads, hang on to your wallets, Smart Service prices are huge compared to what Stellar Customers were used to paying.

For instance, Trimming Shrubs and Weeding Beds was $495 per year. Under Smart Service, the services are split. Trimming Shrubs alone is now $495 and Weeding Beds is $245 extra. In all fairness, they appear to be weeding more often.

Pricing for Pest Program, Lawn Program and Scrub/Palm Programs are $150 higher as well. Then you have to worry about them showing up. Seeing is believing. Count me out!

Xavier
Old 01-29-2015, 11:55 AM

Service Smart is anticipating a massive amount of customers quitting or at least not renewing their service. So they are raising the price per service to compensate.. Example: 1000 customers at $100 a year or 500 customers at $200 a year. I am still hoping for another lawn care company to step up to the plate and provide what we paid for..
Old 01-29-2015, 06:26 PM
Platinum member

We've had Service Smart for 6 years without a problem. They've been out the next day whenever I've called with a pest issue. Prices for us are the same as when we started with them 6 1/2 years ago. That said, it appears that other folks have had problems. Several in our neighorhood use them and have for some time.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:48 AM

Sent us a bill for termite inspection for $99. Told them that was included in our yearly plan. They disagree and said we can either pay the $99 or they will not treat our property. The young lady was very rude and condescending. Everyone in our neighborhood (Fernandina) are not renewing. Completely disgusted with how our lawns look compared to those using other companies. This is the last straw as they know if you do not pay you will not have met the requirements for termite renewal
Old 04-20-2015, 02:34 PM
Gold member

Gave them a year

Saw NO results

Just dumped them

End of story!!!!
Old 04-20-2015, 05:24 PM
Gold member

Just got a letter scheduling a renewal appointment for a service we cancelled in February. Called the office and they had no clue. How many customers to you have to lose before you call it quits.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 04-20-2015, 08:24 PM

Terrible company, they provide terrible scheduled service. I will drop them like a hot potato when my year is up. DO NOT pay any company in advance as I did, you are their hostage. They started out good, too big now to provide a good product.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:25 PM
Veteran member

Used them for 2 years then dropped them at renewal time.

One of their crews showed up to cut the lawn 2 weeks later. The right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing.

Glad to be rid of them.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandsdavis View Post
We are also former Stellar customers now with Service Smart. WE have not had any issue with them and so far they have been responsive to our calls and questions, including some things that were carry-overs from Stellar. When it's time for us to renew, we'll see if they have continued to do keep up or not. Hard to determine how their lawn care is in a season when most grasses are dormant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwand View Post
Agree. So far so good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
We've had Service Smart for 6 years without a problem. They've been out the next day whenever I've called with a pest issue. Prices for us are the same as when we started with them 6 1/2 years ago. That said, it appears that other folks have had problems. Several in our neighorhood use them and have for some time.
We are planning to renew with Service Smart.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:03 AM
Gold member

Not us!
Old 04-25-2015, 06:51 PM
Default Service smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinning3 View Post
Not renewing when my contract is up.
Jut got back yesterday from 3 week trip..lservice smart did not cut my grass once since I left..over 1 feet tall. Will cancel asao
Old 04-25-2015, 07:23 PM
Location: The woods of the UP of Michigan and the Village of Pinellas

They finally came out to trim bushes and large bottlebrush. Took me 30 minutes to clean up all the debris they left behind. Contract up in a couple of months. Will not renew.

I'd rather regret what I've done, than regret what I've left undone. Lucille Ball
Old 04-27-2015, 06:29 AM

Terrible service with service smart had to call to get grass cut weeds in lawn. Switched to Heron grass looks fantastic. The perfect mow cuts our grass and Luis Perez does a fantastic job.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:37 AM

One of the biggest mistakes I have made was hiring that company. They only show up after I call. When cutting the grass they scalp areas and don't cut others. My bushes and palm trees look the worst they ever have. Never again!
Old 04-27-2015, 04:57 PM

I also plan NOT to renew with Service Smart when my contract ends next month. But WHO do I go with. Suggestions welcome!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.